A new CAF being uploaded on ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlefield

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I checked my ERAS ADTS today and it states that an updated CAF and profile have been uploaded to my programs. Obviously, I can't have made changes to my CAF since I submitted it on 9/3, and I haven't made changes to my profile, either. However, both were "updated" on 9/15, and programs are now downloading the second CAF and profile after having already downloaded the first.

Any explanation?

Members don't see this ad.

don't worry. this happened to me yesterday as well.

i e-mailed ERAS and they told me that there may have been a transmission error when a program tried to retrieve my CAF....so just to make sure that all my documents are error free, they re-transmit the CAF.

cheers!

same thing happened to me and several other people at my school - looks like there were some transmission errors the first time around so programs are downloading many CAFs and profiles again.

Happened to me as well sounds as though it is not a huge deal.

I emailed ERAS today and got the following response:

"When programs experience communication errors with the post-office they would request that we retransmit the document to them. As a result you will see that your documents have been replaced by a newer document.

Be assured that this does not in any way affect the integrity of the application or the documents that are downloaded by the programs.

If you still have concerns with regards to this you may refer to your Designated Deans Office. "

No need to worry - now I can continue anxiously awaiting interview requests!

the same thing happened to my app. It's explained in the ADTS FAQ section as a normal occurence. Does anyone know when transcripts are due for different programs? My school will only upload one for us, and they are leaving it up to us when to turn it in.

as far as i know...transcripts go out with the dean's letter...so we still have some time til then. (november 1st right?)

cheers!

My interpretation is that the official school transcript is part of the overall application and as that is something that you have a locus of control over I would imagine that you can submit you transcript anytime up to the "total application" deadline that each program puts in place for itself.

Said another way if a program accepts applications until November 16th...you better have you application completed by that date, including your transcript. So if you are waiting for specific grades to be included I would say that you have time up until the application is due.

J

I'm so glad I saw this thread. The same thing happened to my CAF and Profile today, and even though I emailed ERAS and got the same response as posted above, I was still a little uneasy about it.

As for transcripts, our Dean's office scans them in with the Dean's letter on Nov. 1st. I was hoping it could be earlier so I could avoid having the eval for my current rotation on there, but they politely declined to scan it in early for me ;)