a question for NYU students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shaunkeemonk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear friends,
congratulations on your acceptance to the 3 YEAR PROGRAM for foreign dentists at NYU.
Can any one please answer my question that why does NYU have a 3 year program whereas majority of universities have a 2 yr program?

Members don't see this ad.

I think they always had 3 year program. But if my memory serves me right, until 2001, they offered a 2 year option IF your credentials, scores were all fantastic. NYU knows that it's making money off the FTD international students... and I guess the business is GOOD.

Nova Southeastern also has a 3 yr program for FTDs... the most genuine reasoning for this is that they r making really good money out of it... as for NYU the fee for 1 yr is comparable to other univs, but since its a 3 yr program, it seems to b out of proportion. plus the cost of living in NY city adds insult to injury :( ... but the good news is that it outnumbers other univs in the terms of patient inflow and exposure... so at the end of the day i dont feel being on the loosing side :)

Most of the foreign trained dentists are trained intheir country and most of them lack the U.S standards which is why we are going to the dental schools.If you compare the 3 year vs 2 year they are equal in number.Lot of californian dental dental schools are 2 year but they cost you the same as newyork 3 year. Most of them have complaints against BU which is a 2 yr program of having less patient pool and even in that low pt pool the regular 4 yr batch gets more pt's than the advanced standing student. I have spoken to one of the applicant who got 96 and the person was prefering NYU to BU becas they do not give much pt's in BU.This reason was accepted by lot of applicants during the interview.For people who are interested in learning work NYU to charge so much and make it a 3 year program is justified.