A Question regarding LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McKitty

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For some medical schools, such as NYMC, they specifically requested that all letters be on official letterheads. For other schools, they don't specify this. So I am wondering how important is it to have all the letters be on an official letterhead? Current medical students, if you can also chime in on this, that would be great! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If there is letterhead, it needs to be used. This should actually be a professional "gimme".

your profs should know to use the official letterhead. it's common knowledge.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is not the professor letters that I am worried about though for the letterhead requirement. I have double checked with each of them and all of them mentioned that they included a letterhead in their letters. I just have a community service/volunteering letter that currently will not have a letterhead b/c the writer does not belong to any academic department, do you think the schools will be picky about having one letter that doesn't have a letterhead?

I am probably worrying too much, but there are so many things in this process that can go wrong...

does their organisation? if it is the school, use a generic.

A generic one? What do you mean?

Has anyone on SDN used letters without letterheads and everything turned out okay?

A generic one? What do you mean?

Has anyone on SDN used letters without letterheads and everything turned out okay?
If it's a school person, the school should have

BOB's UNIVERSITY
102 TACO STREET
ENCHILADA, QUESADILLA 957804
est 1050

with its seal on the letter head somewhere.

Don't worry. If it's a community service/volunteer thing, med schools don't require a letterhead. That's more for academic letters.

Don't worry. If it's a community service/volunteer thing, med schools don't require a letterhead. That's more for academic letters.

Thanks! Now I can sleep a little better :)

considering i dunt get t osee the leters. how do i know if there are letterheads anyway -.-