A required class is full

Started by Namie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Namie

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was looking at classes and my writing class I need to transfer is full. The math class/science classes are not, yet, and the hours are horrible for my schedule.... but what should I do if my writing class is full?

I ideally want this for my first semester

psychology (not full)
writing (full)
algebra (not full)
chem 1 and lab (not full, but awful schedule)

Makes my life a lot complicated now....
 
I was looking at classes and my writing class I need to transfer is full. The math class/science classes are not, yet, and the hours are horrible for my schedule.... but what should I do if my writing class is full?

I ideally want this for my first semester

psychology (not full)
writing (full)
algebra (not full)
chem 1 and lab (not full, but awful schedule)

Makes my life a lot complicated now....

Well... if it's a required class... you have to take it no? Shouldn't there be a spot for you reserved to enroll in it?

And how bad could chem 1 and lab be? Welcome to the real world. Sometimes you have to take classes at times you don't want to take them.
 
I was looking at classes and my writing class I need to transfer is full. The math class/science classes are not, yet, and the hours are horrible for my schedule.... but what should I do if my writing class is full?

I ideally want this for my first semester

psychology (not full)
writing (full)
algebra (not full)
chem 1 and lab (not full, but awful schedule)

Makes my life a lot complicated now....

Take a different writing or wait a semester to take it. Med schools care that you have 2 English classes...that's it. Doesn't matter which ones. You're an incoming freshman I assume, so that schedule would be ideal but without that writing you could add on a bio course, or another gen ed requirement.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Try emailing the professor to see if he/she can squeeze you in. I don't know about your school, but at my school professors will sometimes give you a spot if you just ask.

If that fails, maybe take another class that satisfies the same requirements as the writing class?
 
Unless you are a senior, it's usually not a huge deal to not get into the classes that you need. Contact professors and find out if they are offered every semester or only once a year.

I didn't get into quite a few classes that I thought I really needed my freshman year and so I took other open classes instead. My second choice classes actually turned out quite well and opened a lot of doors for me (research, etc)
:luck::luck:
 
People will drop due to non-payment. Keep checking ad nauseum.

I was looking at classes and my writing class I need to transfer is full. The math class/science classes are not, yet, and the hours are horrible for my schedule.... but what should I do if my writing class is full?

I ideally want this for my first semester

psychology (not full)
writing (full)
algebra (not full)
chem 1 and lab (not full, but awful schedule)

Makes my life a lot complicated now....
 
Check to see if your school has some policy or something where with permission of a professor and maybe also your adviser you can be granted permission to register.
 
Brotip: Lab sections are always at horrible times. 🙂

Especially when it is one of those classes where you have to take both the lecture and lab together(same semester). A lab right in the middle of afternoon? Of course!!!! It's not likely every other class is available at that time.