A short history of medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Badgerbabe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hee hee...

A short history of medicine:
I have an earache.
2000 B.C. - Here, eat this root.
1000 A.D. - That root is heathen, say this prayer.
1850 A.D. - That prayer is superstition, drink this potion.
1940 A.D. - That potion is snake oil, swallow this pill.
1985 A.D. - That pill is ineffective, take this antibiotic.
2000 A.D. - That antibiotic is artificial. Here, eat this root.

Members don't see this ad.

This used to be the signature for an SDNer. Any senior members from the good ol' days remember who it was? Homonculus was it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! praying4MD, you're geting up there toward 1000 posts!! :eek: :eek:

I know. It's a function of my pathetic premed life coupled with OCD. :D I think I should get a special designation at 1000 posts. SDN Goddess maybe? Fountain of Wisdom? Hey SMW, you're not so far off yourself. Good work Daniel Son, my protege. :D

SDN Slut I think would fit better....

You know I'm just playin! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by Scooby Doo:
•SDN Slut I think would fit better....•
:eek: :rolleyes: :eek:
Uh, doesn't someone need to be moderated here? Going a little too far for your cheap thrills aren't you Scooby? ;) And they tell me I'm Risque. A girl has racy jokes online & is a "slut." A guy does it & he has his own fan club. Does no one else see the double standard here & understand my plight?

Yup, forget SDN Goddess, wouldn't want to take over Kimberli's territory.

How does one get to 1000 posts?! You'd have to either post everyday for 3 years, or post three times everyday for a year :eek: Actually, I guess that wouldn't be hard.

Just get pulled into an ethical discussion in the Lounge & that will do it for you. Not to mention the illegal "post-padding" activities I partake in from time to time. (i.e. bumping up threads, one-liners, etc.) :)