A Shout out to the AVERAGE applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
RayhanS1282 said:
The coalition so far:
Gdbaby - the fearless and amusing leader
Mota - the non-chalant, mostly high but comes to the rescue at the last moment guy of the group
yourmom - the smart but humble dude of the group, will make gadgets
shyrem - the baker and all around-nice person of the group, always supporting
rayhan - the idiot man-child of the group, who will blow the cover and get the group in trouble
Can I be the crack *****?
I added UVM to AMCAS but haven't submitted the 2º*because I thought I had no chance to get in.... There's still time to submit that 2º.
#4572, peep it fo' yo'self.

Members don't see this ad.

desiredusername said:
Can I be the crack *****?
I added UVM to AMCAS but haven't submitted the 2º*because I thought I had no chance to get in.... There's still time to submit that 2º.
#4572, peep it fo' yo'self.
Way to use the O Chem shortcuts for "secondary!" :laugh:

Lady, it's all about efficiency. I can't be bothered to waste time writing out full words and sentences.
I'm a busy man.
Now, if you'll excuse me, there is a puppy I must tease with my laser pointer.

Members don't see this ad :)
happydays said:
No worries, guys and gals! My friend was interviewed primarily in Feb and March, and got into all the schools! Good luck!

That's the most refreshing thing I've heard all day! Thanks. Seriously! lol

The coalition so far:
Mota - the non-chalant, mostly high but comes to the rescue at the last moment guy of the group
shyrem - the baker and all around-nice person of the group, always supporting the group with alcoholic beverages
rayhan - the idiot man-child of the group, who will blow the cover and get the group in trouble

This looks like a great coalition. Who cares if no one from Germany wants to join us. We may be in trouble without France's help, being so close to Quebec.

Rayhan, you will be very useful. Those little girl hands of yours will be needed to pry open the file cainet holding our applications and to make the necessary status adjustments.

gdbaby said:
I'm so average the call me "the mean." Just got another interview invite today too!

You watch, you will end up with like 7 interviews by March and a too many accpetances to choose from! You GO GIRL!
WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!

TimmyTheWonderD said:
You watch, you will end up with like 7 interviews by March and a too many accpetances to choose from! You GO GIRL!
WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Timmy, I love you. Did you know that?

we're obviously all going to Vermont.
-mota

An average applicant just got his first acceptance =D

this average applicant just got an e-mail rejection from UC davis after writing 10 goddamn essays for them. a-holes. i kill hippies in my sleep.
-mota

This average applicant got, once again, no communications of any kind from any medical school. Yes, not even from the Caribbean.

ShyRem said:
This average applicant got, once again, no communications of any kind from any medical school. Yes, not even from the Caribbean.

in regards to vermont...i emailed them prob last week of october cuz my status hadnt changed...few days later they changed to "your file is under review and you will hear in a few wks"...its still on that status...and i cant seem to find their phone #....i had to email twice to get that Pat lady to write me back....

gdbaby said:
The coalition so far:
shyrem - the baker and all around-nice person of the group, always supporting the group with alcoholic beverages

This looks like a great coalition. Who cares if no one from Germany wants to join us. We may be in trouble without France's help, being so close to Quebec.

Rayhan, you will be very useful. Those little girl hands of yours will be needed to pry open the file cainet holding our applications and to make the necessary status adjustments.

i want to join too. their few weeks have lasted for way too long for everyone, clearly they need help.

Members don't see this ad :)
how about a shout out to below-average applicants?
crappy gpa = only 2 interviews :(

jtank said:
how about a shout out to below-average applicants?
crappy gpa = only 2 interviews :(
That's more interviews than me, slick. I say welcome to the club.
Just remember, all caps when you spell the man's name.

DaMota said:
this average applicant just got an e-mail rejection from UC davis after writing 10 goddamn essays for them. a-holes. i kill hippies in my sleep.
-mota

They e-mailed rejected me too, although that was pre-secondary. You'd think that in either case, but especially yours since you already paid the secondary fee, that they could at least send you an actual letter. I mean, they didn't even do the PDF in an e-mail thing. It was just plain text.

what about a shout out to below average applicants?

The coalition so far:
Madonna - duh? When Madonna says she wants to join your group, you let Madonna in! She will provide us with a Madonna song for every adverse moment.

I am looking for tickets. I am assuming this is a coalition that prefers First Class?

jon0013 said:
in regards to vermont...i emailed them prob last week of october cuz my status hadnt changed...few days later they changed to "your file is under review and you will hear in a few wks"...its still on that status...and i cant seem to find their phone #....i had to email twice to get that Pat lady to write me back....
Jon, you MUST be a part of our coalition of the grovelling!! What role could you play? What skills do you have for this challenge? Do you speak French?

gdbaby said:
Jon, you MUST be a part of our coalition of the grovelling!! What role could you play? What skills do you have for this challenge? Do you speak French?

hahaha some french...took 2 yrs in jr high....

DaMota said:
-mota
when did you get the email rejection? was it today? my sincerest condolences...those essays sucked

so they must have gone over the apps sometime in the past week?

gdbaby said:
The coalition so far:
Madonna - duh? When Madonna says she wants to join your group, you let Madonna in! She will provide us with a Madonna song for every adverse moment.

I am looking for tickets. I am assuming this is a coalition that prefers First Class?

Do I get to join too?

tacrum43 said:
Do I get to join too?
I doubt it. I asked to be let in and they totally ignored me. Screw 'em. I don't need 'em. Bunch of bitches and ho's with smelly toes. I'm going to visit some other state and not invite them.

Anyone get that "first date" feeling after interviewing at a school? Here's to all those who are anxiously waiting by the phone, screaming "why haven't they called....they seemed to like me at the time. $hit, i must have totally messed something up...was my fly even zipped?"

ps, i think that my app (ec's in particular) is a testament to the fact that workin hard in ugrad, even if ur not the brightest individual, can still land you a bunch of opportunities. good luck to everyone.

hahaa i'm loving the coalition. you should add the tagline to my description as being a man but often confused as a woman.

The coalition so far:
yourmom - the smart but humble dude of the group, will make gadgets; often confused for a woman, but is a man. That may come in handy.
DesiredUsername - Will give us unassuming aliases--names that are not too original, not too bland. Desired.
Tacrum - holder of exotic animals to let loose int he admissions office in the event that the whole plan goes haywire.

jammin06 said:
Anyone get that "first date" feeling after interviewing at a school? Here's to all those who are anxiously waiting by the phone, screaming "why haven't they called....they seemed to like me at the time. $hit, i must have totally messed something up...was my fly even zipped?"

ps, i think that my app (ec's in particular) is a testament to the fact that workin hard in ugrad, even if ur not the brightest individual, can still land you a bunch of opportunities. good luck to everyone.
You put-out too soon, didn't you? Admissions like it when you play hard to get.

cfdavid said:
That's the most refreshing thing I've heard all day! Thanks. Seriously! lol

Your avatar; is that a picture of your momma? Sorry, I love momma jokes, and had to do it.

gdbaby said:
You put-out too soon, didn't you? Admissions like it when you play hard to get.

LOL. i heard something similar, where somebody said--

"I'm like a rubix cube in that I play hard to get. But I'm also not like a rubix cube because I play to get hard."

Just wondering if I could join the average clan with a 26 and 3.75? Let me know if I could be part of this coalition. Thank you. Sincerely. With Regards. Cordially. Salutations. Best Wishes. Avec Amour.

Goinverted

ShyRem said:

Are those your kids in your avatar?! They are gorgeous!! Almost makes me want to have kids.... I said almost!

goinverted said:
Just wondering if I could join the average clan with a 26 and 3.75? Let me know if I could be part of this coalition. Thank you. Sincerely. With Regards. Cordially. Salutations. Best Wishes. Avec Amour.

Goinverted
Did you apply to Vermont? If you didn't, would you like to storm the Vermont Admin office anyway? that's what the coalition is for. I see you speak French; this could come in handy as we are close to Quebec.

je parle un petit peu francais.

But it's been 22 years since I took any lessons, and probably about that long since I spoke any. And no, I can't say that in French.

I said I'm not going with you - let goinverted take my place. Do you think I'm some desperate biznatch that can't go somewhere by himself? I don't need you, I'm going my own way. I'm going to PA. You can buy maple syrup and ice cream anywhere. You can only buy Amish people in PA and OH. And you just lost your chance.

Ah, but desired, you can't go to the Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory anywhere but Vermont. Nor can you get our OUTSTANDING company. Nor my fabulous-don't-light-a-match-near-it eggnog. :) Or my cookies, apricot scones, and sour cream coffee cake (to DIE for!).

Your choice. Go your own way alone, or with a fabulously funny, smart, good-looking, drinkin' bunch of folks like us! :D

After little deliberation, DesiredUsername is being removed from the coalition. Anyone who feels as though you could fill Desired's virtual shoes, please post your credentials and skill set that you could bring to the group. We will accept you, as we accept everyone--at least initially.

I said I didn't want to be in it, anyway. I'm buying some nubile old Amish people to build me home... You know what they have that Ben and Jerry's cold, shriveled hearts could never have?
Love.

desiredusername said:
I said I didn't want to be in it, anyway. I'm buying some nubile old Amish people to build me home... You know what they have that Ben and Jerry's cold, shriveled hearts could never have?
Love.
Yes, but what those Amish don't have that Ben and Jerry's does is electricity. Those Amish need love, because there come a temperature that is SO cold that no wood stove can allieviate the discomfort. Look, I didn't want to bring the Amish into this becuase I think they are a good people, I believe in their reasoning behind Rumspringa, and they make some tricky buggies, but you have brought me to this low, low place.

Maybe you should have some Ben and Jerry's to cheer you up.

viva la resistance!
-mota

DaMota said:
viva la resistance!
-mota
Mota, you don't know me better than anyone else on this forum: what have I done wrong? Is it my witty banter? My devestatingly handsome looks? My lack of humiltiy? How could I have spawned such hatred? Such disdain?

Electricity is the tool of the devil. Did you have to bring him into this? I don't expect anything less from your pagan ilk.
Besides, you're just pissy because you ruined the post office. I don't blame you, if I did it I'd have a temper tantrum just like you. (Yes, that's right, without anything substantive I resorted to 2 separate ad hominem attacks. I'm not above admitting it.) Maybe you just need a juice box and a nap and then in the afternoon you won't be such a snagglepuss.

gdbaby said:
Mota, you don't know me better than anyone else on this forum: what have I done wrong? Is it my witty banter? My devestatingly handsome looks? My lack of humiltiy? How could I have spawned such hatred? Such disdain?

don't know you better? was that don't supposed to be there?

i'm sorry, but people have been telling me to keep away from you like mrs fields is supposed to keep away from the cookie monster. i wish it didn't have to be this way...but it does.

jk see you at GW!

i meant la resistance .... against Vermont, not you silly.
-mota

desiredusername said:
Electricity is the tool of the devil. Did you have to bring him into this? I don't expect anything less from your pagan ilk.
Besides, you're just pissy because you ruined the post office. I don't blame you, if I did it I'd have a temper tantrum just like you. (Yes, that's right, without anything substantive I resorted to 2 separate ad hominem attacks. I'm not above admitting it.) Maybe you just need a juice box and a nap and then in the afternoon you won't be such a snagglepuss.
I am going to ignore this comment because it is clear from words like "pissy" and "snagglepuss" that you have been watching way too many Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

gdbaby said:
I am going to ignore this comment because it is clear from words like "pissy" and "snagglepuss" that you have been watching way too many Hanna-Barbera cartoons.
Heavens to murgatroid, you're right!
Snagglepuss.jpg

ooo ooo I"LL be a part of the coalition! i don't speak french. nor am i applying to vermont. but that doesn't matter, right, because they'll have to offer us all admission anyway after we stage the coup?

skills: can eat large quantities of ice cream if necessary. black belt in taekwondo (nunchuck skills!). token republican status will give me freak/sideshow capability in Vermont (important for distraction). posseser of cleavage and four inch stilettos if all else fails.

desiredusername said:
Heavens to murgatroid, you're right!
Snagglepuss.jpg
I am laughing too hard to be mad. All is forgiven on my end, you can stay mad if you want, but that picture will be burned in my brain all day today. That and the image of the USPS holding that guy's scrotum.

staying fly-y-y-y-y-y-y til i di-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-e
-mota

The coalition so far:
yourmom - the smart but humble dude of the group, will make gadgets; often confused for a woman, but is a man. That may come in handy.
Pepper101 - Will try to appeal to Vermont Libertarians whilst the rest of the coalition moves into action! The non-UVM applicant status also makes Pepper highly disposable it the **** hits the fan
Tacrum - holder of exotic animals to let loose int he admissions office in the event that the whole plan goes haywire.

gdbaby said:
I am laughing too hard to be mad. All is forgiven on my end, you can stay mad if you want, but that picture will be burned in my brain all day today. That and the image of the USPS holding that guy's scrotum.
That's fine, you've got a buxom republican to take my place anyway. It'll be way more balanced than my extreme left wing ideology. Plus, I'm dark skinnned. If TV has taught me nothing else, it's that the darker someone is the more evil they are.
I've got a doopa butt and she's wearing stilettos, too. I can't compete with that.