a speech in American dream...for Mr. president

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxforlife2004

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought this post was cool, thus wanna share with you guys in here........

=====
WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO TURN ON THE TV THE U.S. PRESIDENT GIVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?
"My Fellow Americans: As you all know, the defeat of the Iraq regime has been completed. Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete. This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now time to begin the reckoning.

Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short. The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia and Poland are some of the countries listed there. The other list contains every one not on the first list. Most of the world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war. THEN EVERY YEAR THERE AFTER IT'll GO TO OUR SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM SO IT WONT GO BROKE IN 20 YEARS.
The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world Hell holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.Need help with a famine ? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France .
I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France , Germany , and Russia .. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change.
Mexico is also on List 2 its president and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I will have a couple extra thousand tanks and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going to put 'em? Yep, border security. Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty - starting now.
We are tired of the one-way highway. Immediately, we'll be drilling for oil in Alaska- which will take care of this country's oil needs for decades to come. If you're an environmentalist who opposes this decision, I refer you to List 2 above: pick a country and move there. It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying, 'darn tootin.'
Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America It is time to eliminate homelessness in America . To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thank you guys. We owe you and we won't forget.
To the nations on List 2, a final thought: You might want to learn to speak Arabic.
God bless America .. Thank you and good night."

Members don't see this ad.

A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change.
:rofl:

Members don't see this ad :)
Canada's had troops in Afghanistan since forever...:confused:

This "speech" is also really old. I remember reading it in late summer/early fall of 2003. I'm pretty sure it was just written as a kneejerk reaction to other countries opting against going into Iraq with us without a lot of regard for Afghanistan.

I think we could just keep the speech down to this:

"People of the world:

It's come to our attention that, despite our support and generosity, you wish we were wiped off the face of the earth because you (a) disagree with our lifestyle/majority religion/etc, (b) are jealous of our success without consideration of the fact that we aren't wealthy enough to sustainably budge the living conditions for all people on this planet, and/or (c) some combination of both.

Because you hate us, we've decided we'll stop providing you with aid so that we may pay off our debt; this will allow your politicians and America greatest critics, who enjoy using the USA as a sink for hatred, rage, and frustration, to pick up where we left off and prove their worth.

Please direct all questions, comments, and especially complaints to Eric Cartman, South Park Colorado.

Good luck"

I thought this post was cool, thus wanna share with you guys in here........

=====
WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO TURN ON THE TV THE U.S. PRESIDENT GIVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?
"My Fellow Americans: As you all know, the defeat of the Iraq regime has been completed. Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete. This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now time to begin the reckoning.

Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short. The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia and Poland are some of the countries listed there. The other list contains every one not on the first list. Most of the world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war. THEN EVERY YEAR THERE AFTER IT'll GO TO OUR SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM SO IT WONT GO BROKE IN 20 YEARS.
The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world Hell holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.Need help with a famine ? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France .
I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France , Germany , and Russia .. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change.
Mexico is also on List 2 its president and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I will have a couple extra thousand tanks and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going to put 'em? Yep, border security. Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty - starting now.
We are tired of the one-way highway. Immediately, we'll be drilling for oil in Alaska- which will take care of this country's oil needs for decades to come. If you're an environmentalist who opposes this decision, I refer you to List 2 above: pick a country and move there. It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying, 'darn tootin.'
Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America It is time to eliminate homelessness in America . To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thank you guys. We owe you and we won't forget.
To the nations on List 2, a final thought: You might want to learn to speak Arabic.
God bless America .. Thank you and good night."

Naive at best, *****ic at worst......

If Alaska supplied 100% of US oil, the US would have enough oil for 2-3 years. That's right 2-3 YEARS. Great plan buddy.

Naive at best, *****ic at worst......

While this is obviously a joke and a *****ic plan.....I do agree with the deeply hidden underlying point. We should allocate more of our resources into fixing domestic problems before we focus our attention overseas.

While this is obviously a joke and a *****ic plan.....I do agree with the deeply hidden underlying point. We should allocate more of our resources into fixing domestic problems before we focus our attention overseas.
yup...we've been spending too much money and effort, lives for those who don't give a shiet about us. It is time to stop it. Why would u wanna care for people who don't care about you? Rite? just common sense...stop being a nice guy.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you think we give foreign aid for strictly humanitarian reasons, I would lean more towards the *****ic and less towards the naive.

"The DOE reported that annual United States consumption of crude oil and petroleum products was 7.55 billion barrels (1.200×109 m3) in 2006 and again in 2007, totaling 15.1 billion barrels (2.40×109 m3). [38] In comparison, the USGS estimated that the ANWR reserve contains 10.4 billion barrels (1.65×109 m3). Although, only 7.7 billion barrels are within the proposed drilling region."

Source: a b c United States Geological Survey. Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, 1002 Area, Petroleum Assessment 1998, Including Economic Analysis. USGS Fact Sheet FS-028-01, Apr. 2001.

------

Some estimates say that Alaska has closer to 20 billion barrels. Even if every estimate is wrong and Alaska had 100 billion barrels, it won't last us much more than a dozen years.

"The DOE reported that annual United States consumption of crude oil and petroleum products was 7.55 billion barrels (1.200×109 m3) in 2006 and again in 2007, totaling 15.1 billion barrels (2.40×109 m3). [38] In comparison, the USGS estimated that the ANWR reserve contains 10.4 billion barrels (1.65×109 m3). Although, only 7.7 billion barrels are within the proposed drilling region."

Source: a b c United States Geological Survey. Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, 1002 Area, Petroleum Assessment 1998, Including Economic Analysis. USGS Fact Sheet FS-028-01, Apr. 2001.

------

Some estimates say that Alaska has closer to 20 billion barrels. Even if every estimate is wrong and Alaska had 100 billion barrels, it won't last us much more than a dozen years.

It'd be sweet as hell to get $1 a gallon gas for a decade. Hell yeah, let's drill that bitch. But after the Final Four. Nothing important is allowed to happen until after next Monday.

It'd be sweet as hell to get $1 a gallon gas for a decade. Hell yeah, let's drill that bitch. But after the Final Four. Nothing important is allowed to happen until after next Monday.

I was pulling for WVU last night. After KU choked again I want all the top seeds to lose. If Duke wins the whole thing I am going to be pissed. For you Mike I am a WVU fan for the next week.

yup...we've been spending too much money and effort, lives for those who don't give a shiet about us. It is time to stop it. Why would u wanna care for people who don't care about you? Rite? just common sense...stop being a nice guy.

well when you put it that way, I sound like an a-hole...but i'll stand by my statement. I really do think we should be doing more to fix domestic problems.

It's not about using Alaskan oil exclusively, it provides us leverage. Oil exporting nations would be devastated by any significant drop in US oil purchasing. We drill and contribute some of the Alaskan crude to the imported stuff, and next thing you know prices start dropping as an incentive to keep us from drilling as much.

It's not about using Alaskan oil exclusively, it provides us leverage. Oil exporting nations would be devastated by any significant drop in US oil purchasing. We drill and contribute some of the Alaskan crude to the imported stuff, and next thing you know prices start dropping as an incentive to keep us from drilling as much.

You act like the USA is the only consumer of oil in the world. Look guys, the amount of oil in the world is finite and it is running out. Not next week and maybe not next year. The prudent thing to do is plan ahead and bury your head in the sand and say just drill me some more oil and everything will be fine.

Keeping the price of gas artificially low ******s the development of the necessary technology so when oil does run out we can once again control our own destiny and not be beholden to a nut job in South America and camel drivers in the middle east.

"It's not about using Alaskan oil exclusively, it provides us leverage. Oil exporting nations would be devastated by any significant drop in US oil purchasing. We drill and contribute some of the Alaskan crude to the imported stuff, and next thing you know prices start dropping as an incentive to keep us from drilling as much."

How do you try to leverage oil prices with Alaskan oil, which would only comprise 1-2% of the world's oil supply? Oil is still dirt cheap if you account for inflation. We Americans have to stop whining about gas prices. Most of the world pay higher rates at the gas pump and have to scrape by with lower incomes. A lot of that is due to their taxes, but the point stands.

Let me be clear, I would drill and exploit Alaska in a heart beat. However, since oil supply is finite, for now we should buy as much as possible and deny other oil hungry countries such as China those resources. Alaska is always going to be there and as oil prices go up, it's just going to get more valuable.

You act like the USA is the only consumer of oil in the world. Look guys, the amount of oil in the world is finite and it is running out. Not next week and maybe not next year. The prudent thing to do is plan ahead and bury your head in the sand and say just drill me some more oil and everything will be fine.

Keeping the price of gas artificially low ******s the development of the necessary technology so when oil does run out we can once again control our own destiny and not be beholden to a nut job in South America and camel drivers in the middle east.

Well, we do consumed 25% of the worlds oil. That's pretty significant, and it's roughly the same as the next 7 largest countries combined! http://www.nationmaster.com/red/pie/ene_oil_con-energy-oil-consumption

Nobody says we should bury our heads in the sand, we're not that stupid. But, until we have alternative energy and/or highly efficient energy sources it only makes sense that we do what we can to avoid paying unecessarily high prices.

Well, we do consumed 25% of the worlds oil. That's pretty significant, and it's roughly the same as the next 7 largest countries combined! http://www.nationmaster.com/red/pie/ene_oil_con-energy-oil-consumption

Nobody says we should bury our heads in the sand, we're not that stupid. But, until we have alternative energy and/or highly efficient energy sources it only makes sense that we do what we can to avoid paying unecessarily high prices.

Because government does not control the market, it is not cost effective to use alternative sources of energy. We are burying our heads in the sand. We are not doing enough to develop these technologies now and tell the rest of world to go pound sand. China is leading the world and if we are note careful we will be buying the technology from them instead of selling to everyone else....

Because government does not control the market, it is not cost effective to use alternative sources of energy. We are burying our heads in the sand. We are not doing enough to develop these technologies now and tell the rest of world to go pound sand. China is leading the world and if we are note careful we will be buying the technology from them instead of selling to everyone else....
I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, I was just making the point that there IS reason to drill our own oil while we are still an oil-based economy. We are massive consumers of oil, so no matter how much those OPEC countries hate us, they need us and when we start producing our own oil, it'll lower the cost of a barrel of oil.

It's somewhat comical that a forum devoted to pharmacy is solving the world's oil supply problem. Can we tackle nuclear disarmament next?

It's somewhat comical that a forum devoted to pharmacy is solving the world's oil supply problem. Can we tackle nuclear disarmament next?
Oh yes, very comical. We should just not care or discuss. That's the answer! Let someone else worry about it.

Canada's had troops in Afghanistan since forever...:confused:
Not only that, Canada plays a huge role in Kandahar, which probably is the second most dangerous province in Afghanistan. In fact, its amazing how many countries are here to support our mission in Afghanistan. Im sure it will come as a shock to many that France plays a huge role here as well!

As of March 31, 2010:

There have been 1,687 coalition deaths -- 1,024 Americans, 11 Australians, one Belgian, 278 Britons, 141 Canadians, three Czech, 29 Danes, 21 Dutch, seven Estonians, one Finn, 40 French, 31 Germans, two Hungarians, 22 Italians, three Latvian, one Lithuanian, five Norwegians, 16 Poles, two Portuguese, 12 Romanians, one South Korean, 28 Spaniards, four Swedes, two Turks and two NATO/ISAF -- in the war on terror as of March 31, 2010, according to a CNN count.

This link also details all the casualties.

Usually these things are left to politicians, most of whom are lawyers.

But that makes sense. Because lawyers are experts in everything :smuggrin: