Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
tot chat
Here is a classification system outlined to organize players who started playing in prevet forums. Players who play more regularly in Lounge are classified as part of the Lounge Generation.

Lounge Generation = @vhawk introduces WW to SDN (Started in Apr 2006); further developments in Lounge thanks to @Stroganoff @jdh71 @DocEspana @alfonzarel and many others

Generation 1 = @StartingoverVet introduces WW to prevet forums with the Dog Sanctuary WW Game (Started in Feb 2012)

Generation 2 = Noobs from WW 101: SDN Farm and WW 201: SDN Food (Started in Mar 2014)

Generation 3 = Noobs from WW Child's Play (Started in Sep/Oct 2015)

Generation 4 = Noobs from WW Circus (Started in Dec 2016)

Generation 5 = Noobs from WW Winter (Started in Dec 2017)

Generation 6 = Noobs from WW Space (Started in Dec 2018)

To determine generational lines, @WildZoo presents the following definition: A generation starts three months prior to the noob game. So for instance, Gen 2 starts three months prior to WW 101 and ends three months prior to Child's Play. Generations are determined from the very first game played.

Also this works well with the WWildZoo Family Tree.

Just a quick draft provided. Feel free to share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

StartingoverVet

Flight Instructor for hire
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2010
Neither here nor there.
Status
Non-Student
Not sure that I agree each noob game deserves its own generation. I would clump noob games together. The first 2 seemed to be close together in my memory (too lazy to check). The last 2 I know nothing about. So I would say gen 2 is first 2 noob games. Gen 3 is last 3 noob games.

Taxonomy is always controversial.

finnickthedog

Michigan State c/o 2021
2+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2014
snuggling with vmh
Status
Veterinary Student
5th noob game - noobs in space
4th noob game - WWinter?
3rd noob game - circus?
@WildZoo
6 - Space
5 - Winter
4 - Circus
3 - Childs Play (my generation)
2 - Farm???

EDIT to clarify: my numbers match generation not game. Bc the first generation doesn't technically have a noob game? Unless the first pre-vet game just counts as their "noob game". Idk man.

WildZoo

Illegal in all 50, Unlynchable Wolf
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
Not sure that I agree each noob game deserves its own generation. I would clump noob games together. The first 2 seemed to be close together in my memory (too lazy to check). The last 2 I know nothing about. So I would say gen 2 is first 2 noob games. Gen 3 is last 3 noob games.

Each of the noob games were at least a year apart except 101 and 201 (which were both played by my generation). Would be weird to put the 2014 noobs and the 2015 noobs in the same generation, for instance, since we were mentors for the 2015 noobs.

Reactions: kcoughli

finnickthedog

Michigan State c/o 2021
2+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2014
snuggling with vmh
Status
Veterinary Student

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
Generation 2: 1st Noob Games - 2014, Farm (WW 101) and Food (WW 201)
Gen 3: 2nd Noob Game - 2015, Child's Play
Gen 4: 3rd Noob Game - 2016, Dark Circus
Gen 5: 4th Noob Game - 2017, WWinter
Gen 6: 5th Noob Game - 2018, Space

Reactions: StayingPositive2017

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
For generational lines I'd say a generation starts three months prior to the noob game. So Gen 2 starts 3 months prior to WW 101 and ends three months prior to Child's Play. That's just my feel on it based on average number of games played within that time period.

Reactions: StayingPositive2017

StartingoverVet

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2010
Neither here nor there.
Status
Non-Student
Generation 2: 1st Noob Games - 2014, Farm (WW 101) and Food (WW 201)
Gen 3: 2nd Noob Game - 2015, Child's Play
Gen 4: 3rd Noob Game - 2016, Dark Circus
Gen 5: 4th Noob Game - 2017, WWinter
Gen 6: 5th Noob Game - 2018, Space
That is what I meant by 2 games close together. Ok. Fine. Not sure how 2nd game is the 3rd game, but I can go with the flow.

Reactions: WildZoo

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
That is what I meant by 2 games close together. Ok. Fine. Not sure how 2nd game is the 3rd game, but I can go with the flow.
Yeah we kind of ended up forgetting about 201 when numbering the noob games that followed...so I guess that game is like... Noob Game 1b lol

katashark

Oregon c/o 2020
2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2015
The Ocean
Status
Veterinary Student
Child's play was such a good game.

OP
Lawper

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
tot chat

I updated the first post with the games outlined. Got rid of the years and replaced them with start dates for better clarity.

PippyPony

not a wolf
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2013
dead chat
Status
Veterinary Student
Reactions: grebes4lyfe

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2016
PMs, melting down brb
Status
Pre-Veterinary
What the protocol for someone who played a noob game, but it wasn't their first game, and they're outside of the 3-month range?

Last edited:
OP
Lawper

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
tot chat
What the proctol for someone who played a noob game, but it wasn't their first game, and they're outside of the 3-month range?
It depends on when they started playing regularly. So I think if someone started playing regularly in Aug 2018 and also played the noob game in Dec 2018, they would be Gen 5.

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
There are definitely a few people who would be hard to categorize. Those who played multiple noob games but didn't play much at all in between come to mind. I'm inclined to stick with when you're "born"...so your first game dictates which generation you belong to.

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2016
PMs, melting down brb
Status
Pre-Veterinary
It depends on when they started playing regularly. So I think if someone started playing regularly in Aug 2018 and also played the noob game in Dec 2018, they would be Gen 5.
But what if it's like almost an entire year before the noob game?

PippyPony

not a wolf
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2013
dead chat
Status
Veterinary Student

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
Like I'm 100% out of range for both.
You go with when you were born, as I said

Also, you played a game a year before you played a noob game? Did you play in between?

OP
Lawper

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
tot chat
There are definitely a few people who would be hard to categorize. Those who played multiple noob games but didn't play much at all in between come to mind. I'm inclined to stick with when you're "born"...so your first game dictates which generation you belong to.
I think this would work. As an example, DocS played in Circus and Space but she'd be considered Gen 4 despite also being a manatee in Space.

But what if it's like almost an entire year before the noob game?
Like I'm 100% out of range for both.
WZ's suggestion of listing your generation to the first ever game you played (noob or not) offers a reasonable solution

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2016
PMs, melting down brb
Status
Pre-Veterinary
You go with when you were born, as I said

Also, you played a game a year before you played a noob game? Did you play in between?
I did play in-between, but my initial game was ~9 months before my noob game and ~5 months after the previous one.

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
Reactions: Animal Midwife

PippyPony

not a wolf
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2013
dead chat
Status
Veterinary Student
Nobody likes my idea of having AM just be an Omega class mutant?

Or -- for those of you who read the Wheel of Time series -- perhaps she is not Aes Sedai (as defined by having been trained in the White Tower), but is more accurately described as a wilder.

Last edited:
OP
Lawper

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
tot chat
Updated first post. I think to make it clear, it's designed for organizing prevet players (i.e. playing WW in prevet forums). Lounge games follow a different scheme so I just grouped them all as Loungers even if they started playing at different times.

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
Nobody likes my idea of having AM just be an Omega class mutant?

Or -- for those of you who read the Wheel of Time series -- perhaps she is not Aes Sedai (as defined by having been trained in the White Tower), but is more accurately described as a wilding.
I missed that post lol

PippyPony

not a wolf
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2013
dead chat
Status
Veterinary Student
I missed that post lol
I mean she's basically Jean Grey

As [an alpha-level telepath][101], Jean Grey can detect and read the thoughts of others, project her own thoughts into other's minds, form psychic links with other beings, control others' minds so as to manipulate their physical functions, mentally stun opponents with bolts of pure psionic force, cast near-flawless mental illusions, and project her mind and the minds of others onto the astral plane. At close range, she can manipulate almost any number of minds; however, she can only take full possession of another's mind one at a time and can only do so if she is within that being's physical presence.[102]

And

As a side effect of her telepathy, she has an eidetic memory.[106]

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
I mean she's basically Jean Grey

As [an alpha-level telepath][101], Jean Grey can detect and read the thoughts of others, project her own thoughts into other's minds, form psychic links with other beings, control others' minds so as to manipulate their physical functions, mentally stun opponents with bolts of pure psionic force, cast near-flawless mental illusions, and project her mind and the minds of others onto the astral plane. At close range, she can manipulate almost any number of minds; however, she can only take full possession of another's mind one at a time and can only do so if she is within that being's physical presence.[102]

And

As a side effect of her telepathy, she has an eidetic memory.[106]
Omg it is perfect...

PippyPony

not a wolf
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2013
dead chat
Status
Veterinary Student
Update: the Aes Sedai/wilder description is also very apt and now I'm cracking up at this

Wilder

"Even those wilders who learn how to manage their abilities tend to do so at a price; they almost invariably have some sort of block against using the One Power effectively"

AAAAAAaaaaahhhhhh :hilarious:

@Melchizedek @StayingPositive2017 @Animal Midwife

PippyPony

not a wolf
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2013
dead chat
Status
Veterinary Student
Update: the Aes Sedai/wilder description is also very apt and now I'm cracking up at this

Wilder

"Even those wilders who learn how to manage their abilities tend to do so at a price; they almost invariably have some sort of block against using the One Power effectively"

Aaaahhhh :hilarious:

@Melchizedek @StayingPositive2017 @Animal Midwife
"Most commonly, these women have learned how to listen in on the conversations of others through a long-distance form of eavesdropping, or they have learned how to get what they want through a type of Compulsion.[2]"

20 QUESTIONS OMG hahahahaha

StartingoverVet

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2010
Neither here nor there.
Status
Non-Student
You go with when you were born, as I said?
I disagree. It is not when you were born but when you were formative.

I played 3-4 games over a year or two in the lounge (just spitballing.....who remembers) before giving birth to prevet ww. I don’t think anyone would consider me a lounger, I am gen 1....

Same for other players...the games that developed your prevet beliefs make your generation. Born in gen 2 but didn’t play again for 2 years makes you gen 4.

It is messier this way but you are who you think you are, identity is NOt about how you were born. Haven’t we learned anything as a ww society?

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
I disagree. It is not when you were born but when you were formative.

I played 3-4 games over a year or two in the lounge (just spitballing.....who remembers) before giving birth to prevet ww. I don’t think anyone would consider me a lounger, I am gen 1....

Same for other players...the games that developed your prevet beliefs make your generation. Born in gen 2 but didn’t play again for 2 years makes you gen 4.

It is messier this way but you are who you think you are, identity is NOt about how you were born. Haven’t we learned anything as a ww society?
Fine, everyone pick your own generation and do whatever you want :p
My way is better for clarity though lol

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
Picking the easier way instead of the better way? So like gen 2 people.:p
:rage: :p
Fwiw, I consider you Founding Generation not because you played in the lounge or whatever but because it seems weird for you to be the same generation as the people who were playing for the first time when you brought the game here. It makes sense in my head lol

StartingoverVet

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2010
Neither here nor there.
Status
Non-Student
:rage: :p
Fwiw, I consider you Founding Generation not because you played in the lounge or whatever but because it seems weird for you to be the same generation as the people who were playing for the first time when you brought the game here. It makes sense in my head lol
I kind of have a special place (I’m special). I didn’t play as much in Lounge as other prevet WWers who had experience like WTF, Lissarae, and Dyachei, so I never really felt a part of, or in some ways welcome in the lounge. I much more identified with the prevet group. WW or otherwise, I was never more than a visitor in the Lounge.

Just because I modded the first game here, my slight advantage in experience pretty soon was meaningless, and it was like we grew up together. Less a father figure, than the friend who introduced addictive drugs to his circle.:eek:

PippyPony

not a wolf
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2013
dead chat
Status
Veterinary Student
so I never really felt a part of, or in some ways welcome in the lounge. I much more identified with the prevet group. WW or otherwise, I was never more than a visitor in the Lounge.
...this resonates strongly with me.

Thanks for making this a thing for prevets. I wouldn't have found my way to the game in the Lounge, and I continue to feel out-of-place (and sometimes borderline unwelcome) when I have ventured over there for WW-related activities (don't worry Lawper, I'm not talking about the meme thread ;) )

Anyway, I've had a blast doing this for the last few years and have met some really great people through it, so thanks :)

The part of my brain that is currently trying to get some serious studying efforts off the ground is decidedly less enthused and ungrateful.

Reactions: capri1722
OP
Lawper

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
tot chat
I renamed it as Lounge Generation just to clear the confusion/ambiguity. As far as defining what generation you're part of, WZ's first game suggestion makes it systematic and objective. SOV's formative suggestion is what I was thinking initially but it can exclude players who only played 1-2 games very irregularly. I think we can have both suggestions (like say Gen 4 by birth but Gen 6 by playstyle/identification).

Reactions: StartingoverVet

vetmedhead

I hope my heart goes first!
2+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2015
in bed
Status
Veterinary Student
Which generation is the millenials? :thinking:

killerleaf

beware, beyond there be dragons
10+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2006
dazed and confused
Status
Academic Administration
So...I would be Gen 4? Played in Circus, but did NPC in DRoP?

Crayola227

The Oncoming Storm
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
All of Time & Space
I don't think the generations make sense to me, personally. It's too convoluted. I think it's easier to just establish familial relationships. This would account for orphans, adoptees, those who didn't start in a noob game, those that didn't start in a noob game but played a noob game, started in the Lounge, etc.

It would be part of someone's pedigree which noob game they started, or what game they started with, or who is their wolf mother/father.

Reactions: Stroganoff
OP
Lawper

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
tot chat
So...I would be Gen 4? Played in Circus, but did NPC in DRoP?
If you started playing in Circus, you'd be Gen 4.

I don't think the generations make sense to me, personally. It's too convoluted. I think it's easier to just establish familial relationships. This would account for orphans, adoptees, those who didn't start in a noob game, those that didn't start in a noob game but played a noob game, started in the Lounge, etc.

It would be part of someone's pedigree which noob game they started, or what game they started with, or who is their wolf mother/father.
This system just identifies what generation they would be when they first started off. Familial relationships are even more confusing and convoluted because some people don't play consistently or only play noob games etc. The system also accounts for off-cycle plays thanks to the 3-month pre-noob timeline that WZ mentioned.

vetmedhead

I hope my heart goes first!
2+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2015
in bed
Status
Veterinary Student
Wait, why do we need to classify people again?

OP
Lawper

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
tot chat
Wait, why do we need to classify people again?
History purposes, continuing off with SOV's Gen 1 statement, organizing people based on WW longevity, Pokémon parallels etc.

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student