AA 20 but RC is 13 !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redplanet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys
Just took the DAT and my scores are as followed.
I wonder how the RC will impact me. I am so worried; please let me know if you guys have any information about this, and if I should retake the DAT?
PA 26
QR 20
RC 13
Bio 24
GC 19
OC 25
TS 22
AA 20

Members don't see this ad.

Call schools you're interested in applying to and ask them this question... it's hard to say... If I had that RCT score I'd probably retake it. Seems to me like you have all the other sections down real good.

you MUST retake it. Any section of a 13 would look very poorly, even in QR( but that is debatable). A 13 in one of the most significant section on the DAT calls for a absolute retake.

I would reschedule a retake asap, you have a pretty firm grasp on the other subjects, so I feel your AA and TS will stay the same at the very least, or climb. Remember you can only retake the DAT every 90 days, so having the next set of scores ready for the June 1st opening of the next application cycle is rather crucial. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
While people have gotten in with low-scores, that is hardly the measuring stick. If it was 15-17 you'd be safe calling in schools. At 13, you're chances wouldn't be too good, especially given how RC is one of them more important scores.

I don't mean to sound discouraging, but I don't want to instill any false hope either. RC is normally pretty important so you'd really want to retake and prepare well for RC. I am sure you're sciences will be high again, the only thing that might take a hit is PAT, but if you got a 26 this time, I am sure you'll get mid-high 20s the next time around too.