AACOMAS "did not receive" all of my transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kjsdf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So they marked "Transcripts received" with a green check mark on August 21st. Four weeks later, I ask how much longer I should expect until I'm verified. All they said is that it can take up to 6 weeks. Today, just over 6 weeks since Aug. 21st, I call. It turns out they only got the first page of my transcripts.

Yet, my school sends an electronic pdf of transcripts. AMCAS had no problem receiving it at all. Furthermore, why would they mark my transcripts as received when they supposedly only got 1 page? :(

I am so upset. I paid all that money to them and they messed up. Now, I just spent more money for my school to send the electronic transcripts AGAIN, and I'm having them send a hard copy rush delivery, just in case.

I wish they would have told me they only had one page. In fact, the guy on the phone, who was very nice btw, told me that they were going to call me today that they did not have all of my transcripts. I feel like he said that since I was upset, but I don't know.

Anyone else experience this?

/rant

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Now that really sucks. I would be upset too. I bet now you have to wait the 6 weeks again from the time they get it.

It didn't take them 6 weeks to verify mine, I submitted 7/10. I don't know if this is just specific to AACOMAS but my concern with them is that I have requested my MCAT score several times from AAMC bc they say they don't have it and here we are in Oct and still no scores. I have phoned AAMC and they said to phone AACOMAS because on their end it cleared/was sent. At least the AACOMAS reps are nice and calm but here we are in Oct.

I don't want to bash them, and I won't, but I feel the OP's pain. This delay may not affect someone w/ a "perfect" app but I am not that person.

I really hope some solution will take place for the both of us.

Members don't see this ad :)
It didn't take them 6 weeks to verify mine, I submitted 7/10. I don't know if this is just specific to AACOMAS but my concern with them is that I have requested my MCAT score several times from AAMC bc they say they don't have it and here we are in Oct and still no scores. I have phoned AAMC and they said to phone AACOMAS because on their end it cleared/was sent. At least the AACOMAS reps are nice and calm but here we are in Oct.

I don't want to bash them, and I won't, but I feel the OP's pain. This delay may not affect someone w/ a "perfect" app but I am not that person.

I really hope some solution will take place for the both of us.
Didn't you use the THx thing? When I did it, it took like a day or two to post on AACOMAS. Also, if you've done secondaries you can contact schools directly and give them the code to check that your score is accurate. It doesn't need to be on aacomas.

Now that really sucks. I would be upset too. I bet now you have to wait the 6 weeks again from the time they get it.

I hope not! The guy on the phone said it should only take a week once they get my transcripts. I'm going to call on Wednesday when they should have received everything.

I feel your pain. They screwed up my transcript about 5 times. Usually I'm an understanding person but they were the stupidest mistakes.

Best thing to do is prepare your secondaries and be read as soon as you get them. You will probably get all your secondaries 2 weeks after being verified. Have a quick turn over.