AACOMAS grade replacement question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stardust379

Live what you love.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I retook a bunch of pre-requisite courses I took during undergrad through my school's Extension program after graduating. I listed the retaken pre-reqs as "post-baccalaureate" when I did transcript entry because they were done through extension and was after I graduated. However, I also made sure to list my previous attempts during undergrad as 0.00 credits to ensure only the latest attempt got taken into account. Since I listed those retaken pre-reqs as "post-bacc," will I automatically get a post-bacc GPA calculated?

I was also wondering about the other GPAs AACOMAS calculates from individual undergrad years - the freshman, sophomore, etc. If for example, I took a chem class during my freshman year and retook the same class through my extension post-bacc--would AACOMAS calculate the new, retaken chem grade as freshman GPA? Or would they totally omit it from my freshman GPA since I took it after graduating?

I already submitted my app, just clearing up any last-minute neurotic thoughts and curiosities swirling around in my mind.

Let me know if my wording seems unclear, I know I wrote a lot.

Thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I would assume they will apply zero credits to the first (Freshman) attempt so it will not be counted for Freshman GPA. The credits will be applied only to the second attempt and counted as post-bacc and then only be counted towards post-bacc GPA.

I would assume they will apply zero credits to the first (Freshman) attempt so it will not be counted for Freshman GPA. The credits will be applied only to the second attempt and counted as post-bacc and then only be counted towards post-bacc GPA.
Ah, okay thank for clearing that up! So the post-bacc retakes will count towards my post-bacc, cumulative, and science GPAs only? Sorry of that question seems repetitive, just wanted to make totally sure, haha.