AACOMAS is not yet complete...do I stand a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TimmyTheWonderD

Takin' it 1 day @ a time!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My primary app is still pending as they are not done checking my transcripts yet...do I stand a chance at getting any interviews this time around? The deadlines for most of these schools are after Dec, but I know classes fill up sooner than that, speaking of which...how many interviews have folks been invited to so far in the DO circuit?

Members don't see this ad.

people have already been accepted to many schools. i'm not applying til next cycle, so i'm no pro; but if you poke through some other threads (i know the search is down), you'll see many people have been complete for quite some time. how are your stats?

supersash said:
people have already been accepted to many schools. i'm not applying til next cycle, so i'm no pro; but if you poke through some other threads (i know the search is down), you'll see many people have been complete for quite some time. how are your stats?

Not bad but not stellar - 29R and 3.79 science and overall. I would really like for CCOM to consider me as it is affiliated with the hospital I work at and it is really close to home! My favorite docs have gone there, too!

Members don't see this ad :)
TimmyTheWonderD said:
Not bad but not stellar - 29R and 3.79 science and overall. I would really like for CCOM to consider me as it is affiliated with the hospital I work at and it is really close to home! My favorite docs have gone there, too!

You are fine. Good luck

TimmyTheWonderD said:
"Not stellar???" Are you kidding me? How is a 29 and a 3.79 anything but great? Give me a break. Honestly

sweet2th said:
"Not stellar???" Are you kidding me? How is a 29 and a 3.79 anything but great? Give me a break. Honestly

Agreed :rolleyes:

sweet2th said:

Are you mad at me? I was not trying to be that way, and no I am not kidding...I am afraid of my score because I feel I have more to prove than others. I dropped out of high school (part illness, part stupidity) and had to scratch and claw and work my fingers to the bone to get where I am today with those stats...I guess I am just paranoid because I feel I need to make up for that black "GED" spot on my past. Plus, I did not go to a top big name undergrad as I was married and I had to go somewhere close to my husband's work. That is why I am inclined to talk smack about myself.

TimmyTheWonderD said:
Are you mad at me? I was not trying to be that way, and no I am not kidding...I am afraid of my score because I feel I have more to prove than others. I dropped out of high school (part illness, part stupidity) and had to scratch and claw and work my fingers to the bone to get where I am today with those stats...I guess I am just paranoid because I feel I need to make up for that black "GED" spot on my past. Plus, I did not go to a top big name undergrad as I was married and I had to go somewhere close to my husband's work. That is why I am inclined to talk smack about myself.

ok - well i am a self-hater too when it comes to grades and scores but mine are a lot lower than yours. plus next to you i have zero chances of getting into school because you have proven to be a motivated individual who has overcome this adversity. good lord - you are IN!

sweet2th said:
ok - well i am a self-hater too when it comes to grades and scores but mine are a lot lower than yours. plus next to you i have zero chances of getting into school because you have proven to be a motivated individual who has overcome this adversity. good lord - you are IN!

Have you had any interviews yet? I had my first one today (MD school). I would really like to interview at CCOM, two of my fellow undergrad classmates are M2's there. Did you apply to CCOM?

Aren't some deadlines for DOs in April of next year? There's still plenty of time to be considered.

sweet2th said:

and I am sure that you have much more than ZERO chances of getting in - just remember, weird background stories like mine can either help you tremendously or be quite deleterious! some schools don't care for such things and if you did not do everything by the book you are out! at least that is what i have heard anyway.

mkitty said:
Aren't some deadlines for DOs in April of next year? There's still plenty of time to be considered.

is that for the primary or secondary application?

sounds like a story of a mature individual able to overcome adversity and will look good on secondaries if you know how to convey it that way. Admit your mistakes and you had a plan to fix it and stuck to it. You know how many high school drop outs keep telling me about "I'm studying for the GED" year after year! Don't be down on yourself. You are selling yourself short. You're in good shape if you made no major mistakes once you entered college

GPA and MCAT are very solid for DO schools. CCOM supposedly fills up in January but you still have a chance so apply there and any other DO schools you'd like. Are your MCAT scores somewhat balanced?

TimmyTheWonderD said:

HunterGatherer said:
Are your MCAT scores somewhat balanced?

PS 8 (f#@!$!g evil physics!)
VR 10
BS 11

You're good. Don't slack on anything else though. Send in all LORs now.

Check out the interview invite threads if you are curious as to how many interviews some of us are getting.

TimmyTheWonderD said:
PS 8 (f#@!$!g evil physics!)
VR 10
BS 11

The only schools taking applications after March 1st are both LECOMs and both Touros. The other deadlines are spread out between Dec 1st and Feb 15th.

mkitty said: