AACOMAS science gpa and clinical rotations as a Respiratory Therapist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holdmystethoscope

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All, So I was totally not aware that my respiratory care major classes (anatomy, physiology, cardiology etc) will be counted toward science gpa by AACOMAS. I also had to go out for clinical rotations as an undergrad Respiratory Therapy student and was graded on that which are listed on my transcript. Anyone knows if clinical rotations are counted toward my science GPA? Technically they are lab but I know they can come up with reasons not to count them. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All, So I was totally not aware that my respiratory care major classes (anatomy, physiology, cardiology etc) will be counted toward science gpa by AACOMAS. I also had to go out for clinical rotations as an undergrad Respiratory Therapy student and was graded on that which are listed on my transcript. Anyone knows if clinical rotations are counted toward my science GPA? Technically they are lab but I know they can come up with reasons not to count them. Thanks.

so you will probably have better luck in the pre-osteo forum, but in that past, if the classes were put on by the science department (class number like BIO241 or CHEM101) then they were counted, but if they aren't under a big 3 department (bio, physics, chem), they wouldn't be counted.

5 years ago clinical rotations did count under your science GPA

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile