1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

aadas so freakin fast with gpa verification

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ddsjymaeng, Jul 18, 2006.

1. ddsjymaeng

ddsjymaeng dentalschoolgogogo
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I e-submitted mine yesterday and they did their gpa verification in a day
    wow.... so freakin fast.... :D

Hope they send my application as soon as possible.... within august or at least first of september

1 question?
    do schools get the copy of our transcript?
    how r they suppose to know what I got in ochem or bio? :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. OSUDDS

OSUDDS Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    AADSAS fast..... laf

4. jmac44

jmac44 Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    They get a list of all your completed course work and grades. Then if you get accepted they ask for an official transcript.

5. reapply2007

reapply2007 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I hate to pop your bubble, but don't get too excited about AADSAS sending out earlier than 4-8 weeks after submission.

You can send transcripts for Fall/Summer courses to the schools directly or use the "update" function on AADSAS. If you use the update function I still recommend sending transcripts to the school since AADSAS can be frustratingly slow at times.

6. 54807

54807 Guest
    2+ Year Member

Academic Administration

I'm convinced that transcipts are so basic that they have computer software that scans through them all and does some of the verification. Like how easy would it be for a person to tell a computer to search for the title is "Exactly as it appears on the transcript" and then find "Grade: X" or some similar form of. If it had trouble a person could probably point out the grade and the computer now knows the letter grade and unit count are x distance and direction away from the beginning of the title and could procede with the rest of the transcript.

Think about it though...I think it would take me about 10 mins to go through my transcripts and verify it all. It just seems like it would take to long and there are just far too many applicants for them to sit and do that all day long. But maybe so!! I guess our cash has to go towards something...whether it be a computer program or some people to check transcripts.

7. JohnDoeDDS

JohnDoeDDS Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

its okay to make mistakes while ur flling the stuff in right? I mean thats what verification is for correct? For example. I started traking the 2000 level sciences my senior year and by definition in the instructions it says low level classes are first two years. So I put them as high level. Thats okay right they will fix it for me?