AADSAS Gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apaul

Some Dude
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just checked online and my AADSAS gpa is up, but apparently there are two different calculations, it has GPA and GPA w/o which I think means without pluses and minuses. Any idea if schools have a preference, look at both equally or what? Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

apaul said:
So I just checked online and my AADSAS gpa is up, but apparently there are two different calculations, it has GPA and GPA w/o which I think means without pluses and minuses. Any idea if schools have a preference, look at both equally or what? Thanks! :)

When did you submit your AADSAS app?

The 5 schools i interviewed at this past cycle all looked at +/- without. These schools were Case,BU,Tufts,NYU,Temple.

Members don't see this ad :)
I e-submitted on the 22nd and it shows that my transcripts got there on the 25th, maybe mine are up before others because my last name starts with an 'A', who knows

Did your gpa (both with and w/o +/-) increase from your undergrad gpa?

my with gpa dipped about .02 because of the difference in scale between my school and the aadsas program (here a A-=3.7 on AADSAS its 3.666) but my w/o went up roughly the same, mostly because I have a lot more A-'s than B+'s so woohoo

Yeah... without the +/-, mine went up 0.05 somehow... I hope they look at that gpa.

Mine was up today, the GPA with +/- is is the same with my transcript GPA, and the GPA without +/- is 0.02 higher~ :)

It looks like you both will both be in the first batch. Good Luck.

My GPA is finaly up too

apaul said:
I e-submitted on the 22nd and it shows that my transcripts got there on the 25th, maybe mine are up before others because my last name starts with an 'A', who knows

what the F#$@$, I submitted mine the 16th and transcript was recieved the 22nd, and no aadsas gpa! for the transcript status, my thing got 2 lines one line says not recieved and one says recieved, but both of the lines show the same school. I only send in 1 transcript...is this the reason why? hope they don't fudge up my app.

My AADSAS GPA is also up. Transcript sent the 22nd and received 31st.

Members don't see this ad :)
so ddoes any one know what GPA dental schools look at? the gpa w/o or the gpa? or perhaps both? my sci gpa went from 3.48 to 3.58 w/o. and overall went from 3.41 -> 3.49 (w/o) , so its pretty obvious the +/- point system is hurting me :(

do you guys know if this GPA and GPA w/o is still being used for this upcoming cycle? i looked on the AADSAS GPA calculator and theres nothing about that in the instructions

i got a bunch of A-s so i hope it is

do you guys know if this GPA and GPA w/o is still being used for this upcoming cycle? i looked on the AADSAS GPA calculator and theres nothing about that in the instructions

I think we can only wait and see come June 3rd.

I hope they still consider -/+ personally because I have 2 C+'s :(

If there is a A- on your transcript, it will be treated as a A-= 3.67

some schools consider +/-

other schools don't.

my +/- gpa is about 0.01 - 0.02 higher :oops:

If there are multiple ways of calculating the GPA, which one is our actual GPA that is considered by schools?

different schools look at different gpas i was told BU, NYU, Case, and some other schools around the north east look at without but i have no evidence so dont take my word on it ...

i am getting so paranoid that something is going to go wrong with my app its not even cool

wow! way to beast the DAT sfoksn!!!

If there are multiple ways of calculating the GPA, which one is our actual GPA that is considered by schools?
They will see all of them; and for which one the choose to consider, that's up to the school. It would make more sense for them to consider the GPA without +'s/-'s since a lot of undergrads don't use them.

They will see all of them; and for which one the choose to consider, that's up to the school. It would make more sense for them to consider the GPA without +'s/-'s since a lot of undergrads don't use them.

Um, just called AADSAS and they said they only calculate generalized GPA taking +'s and -'s into account. No other GPA calculation :D:D:D:D Very happy, because without +'s and -'s, my GPA would have dropped 0.2!

Um, just called AADSAS and they said they only calculate generalized GPA taking +'s and -'s into account. No other GPA calculation :D:D:D:D Very happy, because without +'s and -'s, my GPA would have dropped 0.2!
Then they just changed it this year, which seems weird.

ughhhhh well that sucks i missed an A by 0.6 in one class and when i argued to the prof he told me well AADSAS drops it anyway so it doesnt matter and i gave up!!! ahhhh this would have been nice to know beforehand

also i was talking to a friend that graduated and he told me AADSAS ppl can be pretty unreliable sometimes

My school gives out number grades i.e 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 etc etc

So according to the AADSAS site, a 3.7 is an A-..

my question is...

With the +/- grading, would the 3.7 be counted as is and in the

without +/- grading would the 3.7 be pushed to a 4.0, since the 3.7 is an A-?

I've gotten 3.7's in every class i've taken except for two so this could raise my GPA by tons

does anyone know if "remedal" courses are included in the undergrad gpa calculation?

Then they just changed it this year, which seems weird.

They are still calculating both GPAs (the with and without)
My "with" overall was 3.3
My "without" overall was 3.28 :(

Last time I called them, they told me that they are only calculating with +'s and -'s.

Only 1 calculation this year.. That's what they told me.

Someone verify :)

does anyone know if "remedal" courses are included in the undergrad gpa calculation?

could you give an example of a 'remedial' course? that may help people give advice. is it something like Pre-calc to take before calc if maybe you're not strong at math??

Last time I called them, they told me that they are only calculating with +'s and -'s.

Only 1 calculation this year.. That's what they told me.

Someone verify :)

sfoksn, my gpa was verified and there were both the with +/- calculation and the without +/- calculation for this cycle: one was slightly lower than the other for me but nothing i feel is detrimental

i looked at your PreDents page and i'm sure you'll get interviews even if your gpa dips a bit :p

Noooooo :(

Actually, my GPA dips down quite a bit b/c my freshman GPA was 2.7... I've gotten mostly A+'s after freshman year to raise my GPA... :(

could you give an example of a 'remedial' course? that may help people give advice. is it something like Pre-calc to take before calc if maybe you're not strong at math??

sfoksn, my gpa was verified and there were both the with +/- calculation and the without +/- calculation for this cycle: one was slightly lower than the other for me but nothing i feel is detrimental

i looked at your PreDents page and i'm sure you'll get interviews even if your gpa dips a bit :p

Noooooo :(

Actually, my GPA dips down quite a bit b/c my freshman GPA was 2.7... I've gotten mostly A+'s after freshman year to raise my GPA... :(

ahh i gotcha...well if you want you can call your schools and figure out which gpa they look at, if you've already e submitted tho it might just stress you out

still if nothing else, you pwn3d the DAT so even if your gpa dropped a bit i'm sure you're still competitive