aadsas school guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

topdent1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those of you who have bought the aadsas guide that contains all the information about participating schools, is it worth purchasing?

Members don't see this ad.

You mean the ADEA one that lists everything about every school? I think it's worth it. For example, I was thinking about applying to the University of Tennessee because it seemed like they accepted a good number of out-of-staters (50 in-state & 30 out-of-state). After I looked more carefully at the book's stats, I saw that majority (21) were from neighboring states (Arkansas and Mississippi). Since I am from Virginia, I am assuming that for me, I should view the in-state to out-of-state ratio as 71 to 9. Now this doesn't appear as attractive anymore as an out-of-stater. So, I decided not to apply. That's just one of the ways in which this book is useful. Maybe you can go online and find all this information, but it's just so much easier to open this book and find it in five seconds. :p

yes this book is very worth it I totally recommend buying it.

Many schools will have a copy on hand you can peruse through and get all the necessary info from. Check places like your career centers, pre-health departments/advisors, etc.