AADSAS Screwed Me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juan7677

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think AADSAS screwed me over. I submitted my application online on june 23 and they told me that my ID# was 1300. many of the people on this forum that submitted their application like 2 or 3 weeks after mine got lower numbers (like below 1000). I don't know what happened. I called them and all they could tell me was that they process the application in the order its received. Bull ****. If that was so my number should be like 700 or 800.

Also, I don't know whats going on with my application either. I read in one post that people heard from Marquette but they haven't even processed my check yet. Also, I think it was vixen who posted that UOP called her or something telling her that they received her money and stuff. I got no such confirmation. I feel like things are going so bad. People are hearing from schools and getting mails from them but no school has replied back to me. *sigh* I guess I'm just venting.

Members don't see this ad.

you need to chill out a bit.....it is early so you don't have to panic!

In general, Marquette said that this year they won't process your fee check until they've received your entire application (AADSAS, LORs, transcripts, DAT scores, etc.). I've heard from them, but I was one of the first 3 or 4 complete applications they received (excluding their in-house application form applicants).

If your AADSAS # is over 200-230, then your batch application has not yet been sent out or received by the schools. Depending on your number, schools may not receive your application for a month or so.

Most schools won't contact you in any way until they receive your AADSAS app. I know it is frustrating to be in this situation, but remember that the schools have only received .02% of the total AADSAS applications that have been sent out at this point--you can count on 10,000 or more applicants each year.

It's VERY early in the process still (although it may feel like it isn't). Even if schools don't get your application until October, you'll stil have time to interview in late Oct./early Nov., and that still gives you a full month until schools can notify you of acceptances.

Hang tight, you'll be fine!

Members don't see this ad :)
Man that makes me mad, too!! AADSAS assured me that they are going through the apps in the order received and I believed them since i submitted mine over the web and the computer could track my number. I think they should give you a computerized number as soon as you submit it over the web, for people who submitted their app in paper that is a different story.

I wonder what number I really am, I'm like number 60. I wonder if I was really number 3 or 4??

Juan, don't worry you have probably the most solid numbers I have ever seen. The UC's will be all over your dientes.

Just don't "abra la boca", but "callete la boca, senor."

Ustedes tienes mejor numeros!!!

aye de mi!!

ariba ariba andale andale.

DesiDentist

i havent been able to talk to the aadsas ppl, but does anyone know from what number to what number is the second, third, or fourth batch and when they'll be sent out?? thanks!! :love:

~Qoo

I feel for you Juan

After my DAT next week, I will call them and email them

One CSR told me that they process mailed in applications first.

Isn't that ironic???!!!!! It is 21 century, what is the point of sending application via web then?? This App on Internet thing
is a serious joke.
And they don't even assign a # when we send in our application.
Who know what they do with our applications behind closed doors.
1300 sounds good to me. I wish I could have that kind of number.

Just wait and hope for the best.

it doesn't matter what your aadsas number is, just as long as your file is complete when the schools start looking at applications. when i applied, i had a very low aadsas number but since my app wasn't complete, none of the school's got around to looking at it.

Originally posted by ItsGavinC
In general, Marquette said that this year they won't process your fee check until they've received your entire application (AADSAS, LORs, transcripts, DAT scores, etc.). I've heard from them, but I was one of the first 3 or 4 complete applications they received (excluding their in-house application form applicants).

Hey Gavin,

I was sad about your news about Marquette not even looking at my application until it is complete, but I got a big envelope from them today and I haven't even taken my DAT's yet. I hope its not a mix up.

I got big envelope from NOVA today as well. I hope Yah-E is doing good.

DesiDentist

Originally posted by markymark
it doesn't matter what your aadsas number is, just as long as your file is complete when the schools start looking at applications. when i applied, i had a very low aadsas number but since my app wasn't complete, none of the school's got around to looking at it.

I second that. I have an aadsas #, but my committee letter is still being written...so obviously the schools haven't received my app yet....I really dont think you guys should get so paranoid over these aadsas #'s.

Originally posted by vixen
I really dont think you guys should get so paranoid over these aadsas #'s.

I'm sorry. Sometimes I think my self worth is my AADSAS number.

I wanted to be number one, but Gavin stole that. He tore my heart apart. :(

Maybe next year? NOT

:p

DesiDentist, need to think positive.

When I applied last year to schools, I was kinda confused at times by the whole AADSAS process, so I kept calling them. Not only was it hard to get through to an actual person, but they were so incredibly rude when I talked to them that I swear I almost got into a fight with one operator.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why my appl. took extra long to get to my schools, too..........:mad: