AADSAS Timing, Spring '06

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sheldonthebird

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The AADSAS website claims that they start accepting application materials (LOR, Transcript, etc.) around mid-May, and strongly discourage sending in anything before then. My question is:
If I want my AADSAS application to be completely finished and delivered to dental schools by the end of May, beginning of June...how is this timing possible? It seems that it takes at least 2 months to process everything.

Has anyone had any difficulty submitting everything before May? I don't have a specialized pre-dental advisor, so if you have an experience I'd love to hear it.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see why you need everything in by may. You do have the right idea getting stuff in early though. Just send your stuff in mid-may and let your application take its course. It will take time for it to be processed and sent out, so you will have to be patient. If it makes you feel better, I submitted my application at the end of July (AADSAS took 9 weeks to process it), had 3 interviews in November, and I heard from all 3 the week of Dec. 1st. So, it is to your advantage to get your app in early, but don't worry too much about getting everything in before the end of may. good luck!

If you have all your stuff submitted in May you will be fine. Just make sure you enter you transcript info incorectly. That can cause an unneccessary delay. Also schools are still working on the entering class in May/June and so I suppose they don't even start until July or so.