EnginrTheFuture

Nov 22, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
ax6cq.png

Can anyone care to explain to me what the hell is going on in experiment 3. Both on the exam and during this review sesh, I have read, re-read, and triple read this data and still cannot decipher WTF is going on.

I definitely cannot answer this question without having a clue as to what experiment three is doing.

MedPR

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 1, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Podiatry
The figure key tells you that the colored in circles = gut differentiation and the white circles = no gut differentiation.

Only the P2+EMS shows 100% gut differentiation so you expect that P2+EMS is necessary for gut differentiation.

pfaction

10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2010
WV
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Ahoy there, I put the same answer as you (though I didn't strike out the first one).

MedPR: AB2+EMS resulted in cells, so P2 isn't absolutely necessary which is why I put B. Then again, it didn't for the last choice either...so I really dunno.

MedPR

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 1, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Podiatry
Ahoy there, I put the same answer as you (though I didn't strike out the first one).

MedPR: AB2+EMS resulted in cells, so P2 isn't absolutely necessary which is why I put B. Then again, it didn't for the last choice either...so I really dunno.

AB1 + EMS has the exact same result as EMS cells on their own, which means that AB1+EMS is not the answer. The combination of cells in the other two answers are not mentioned at all, so they also cannot be correct.

I agree that it looks as if P2 isn't absolutely necessary since EMS will differentiate on its own, but P2 + EMS is still the only justifiable answer.

About the Ads

EnginrTheFuture

Nov 22, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Well the thing is, I don't expect that "P2 and EMS are necessary for communication" based off of this plot. I don't see how it is justifiable that one can tell that these are the cells that communicate. What is this experiment doing to accomplish this conclusion? How is seeing that P2 and EMS differentiate no matter what related to communication at all?

Sure I incubate these cells for 0 minutes and the P2/EMS cells differentiate, the others don't. That's fantastic but what does that tell me... It tells me that they differentiate fastest in my opinion. I feel like I am missing something?

MedPR

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 1, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Podiatry
Well the thing is, I don't expect that "P2 and EMS are necessary for communication" based off of this plot. I don't see how it is justifiable that one can tell that these are the cells that communicate. What is this experiment doing to accomplish this conclusion? How is seeing that P2 and EMS differentiate no matter what related to communication at all?

Sure I incubate these cells for 0 minutes and the P2/EMS cells differentiate, the others don't. That's fantastic but what does that tell me... It tells me that they differentiate fastest in my opinion. I feel like I am missing something?

Yes, you can make the argument that the given information allows you to choose the P2/EMS answer with 100% certainty, but how can you justify answers B, C, or D any better than A?

P2/EMS is the only combination shown that produces different results from the others. Even if you don't understand why or how, you can pick it because it is different than the other answers.

EnginrTheFuture

Nov 22, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Yes, you can make the argument that the given information allows you to choose the P2/EMS answer with 100% certainty, but how can you justify answers B, C, or D any better than A?

P2/EMS is the only combination shown that produces different results from the others. Even if you don't understand why or how, you can pick it because it is different than the other answers.

Oh how I love this test :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.