AAMC 8 just killed me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

instigata

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I just took AAMC 8 and i Fu*cked up hard :mad: I have been steadily increasing from a 20 to a 28 to a 30 on the princeton review diagnostics. I got a 31 on AAMC 3r and I just took this test and got a 26! Is this really indicative of the real mcat? Was the verbal hard for everybody else? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

8R's verbal made me cry.

I'm so incredibly frustrated with verbal. I cannot begin to describe it.

I'm re-writing with a 13-7-13 last round. My practice scores this round are between 8-10. They were the same last practice round as well.

:(

Does anyone have the score chart for 8R? I seem to have the answers and the test, but not the score chart.

Thanks for your help!

CanadianPre-Med said:
8R's verbal made me cry.

I'm so incredibly frustrated with verbal. I cannot begin to describe it.

I'm re-writing with a 13-7-13 last round. My practice scores this round are between 8-10. They were the same last practice round as well.

:(

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah the verbal killed me... and some of the answers i still dont understand too well.

i just took 8 today and went down by 5pts from what i've been scoring on kaplan tests. getting 3 hrs of sleep last night may have contributed to this, but it still scares me. i def didn't think the test was harder than any others, but maybe i got used to kaplan's big curves? any words of encouragement??

Took 8 today, 13ps/9vr/13bs. I thought it was quite different as far as comapring it to the rest, alot less knowledge based. I can say however, being a retaker from april, it was very very similar in format as the april exam. I have taken aamc 8 before, so I will take the score with a grain of salt, however I didnt really remember anything from the previous time I had taken it. Now being more prepared for a test like 8, I feel much more confident. Good luck all.