AAMC Bio Flashcard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xQuisite

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was doing some of the MCAT Biology AAMC Flashcards and came across this one. View attachment 297524

This isn't so much of a question about the question, rather a question about their argument for why D is incorrect. My neurobiology professor taught us about neuronal endocytosis and there seems to be plenty of information and research supporting this.

I saw one post on here from 15 years ago (wow), but is this not outdated? Or maybe it's just one of those items to add to the list of incorrect items to lie to ourselves about on the MCAT.
do not use concepts learned from a upper-division neurophysiology course to answer questions on a test of intro biology.

the question stem calls for highest rate of endocytosis; just because you know neurons sometimes endocytose, you cannot infer the 'rate' at which it happens, which is what the question is asking for.

that is, the question is not asking "which of these endocytose and which do not?"

Reactions: 1 users
The MCAT loves “which is best” questions. This is a prime example of that. Just because an answer is true doesn’t mean you should choose it

Reactions: 1 user