• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

AAMC FL 1 vs FL 2

sugar12

2+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2016
  1. Pre-Medical
Which one is a more accurate predictor? I got:

FL 1: 512 (129/126/129/128)
FL 2: 515 (129/129/130/127)

CARS seems to be very high for FL 2 and I'm typically not great at CARS. I feel like it's going to give me false security... Also how is the psych section on the real thing? I take my MCAT in 5 days.

Seikuken

2+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2017
  1. Medical Student
Both of them are pretty accurate. One test might have hit upon your strengths more compared to the other. Averaging is a good idea.

Psych/son can vary depending on your test. On my test day, I got an odd psych/soc section that had data in paragraph form and a lot of 50/50 answers, so it was more like reading comprehension. Other test takers on that day had a straightforward psych/soc. I think the scaling makes up for it though.

Afp0731

2+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2015
  1. Pre-Medical
Which one is a more accurate predictor? I got:

FL 1: 512 (129/126/129/128)
FL 2: 515 (129/129/130/127)

CARS seems to be very high for FL 2 and I'm typically not great at CARS. I feel like it's going to give me false security... Also how is the psych section on the real thing? I take my MCAT in 5 days.

I jumped 6 points in cars from FL1 to FL2.. hoping that the real deal cars is more like Fl2! Wasn't huge on the FL2 PS. The Bio felt a lot more difficult on FL2 but I scored 2 points better on it than in FL1. Weird how these tests seem to produce a lot of similar results.

About the Ads

Dr. Stalker

5+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2014
Itchy and Scratchy Land
  1. Medical Student
Your test score should be approximately an average of AAMC FL 1 and AAMC FL 2. My MCAT (took it in June) was very similar to AAMC FL 2, especially with regards to psy/soc. In my opinion, AAMC FL 2 psy/soc is dramatically different than all other AAMC Psy/Soc materials which focus on data analysis and definitions. Make sure you're good with the AAMC FL 2 psy/soc as mine was near identical with respect to passage length, style, and, most importantly, question style!

TXhopeful

5+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2013
  1. Medical Student
My MCAT on 8/11 was extremely similar to AAMC FL #2. Although some of my friends had different versions of the C/P section, I personally had a lot of biochem, very little physics or calculations. B/B was very experimental, passage-based question heavy as usual and was pretty tough. P/S is looking more and more like CARS with passage-based questions, more difficulty narrowing down answers to 50/50 and definitions I've never seen before.

blackroses

2+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2014
  1. Pre-Medical
My MCAT on 8/11 was extremely similar to AAMC FL #2. Although some of my friends had different versions of the C/P section, I personally had a lot of biochem, very little physics or calculations. B/B was very experimental, passage-based question heavy as usual and was pretty tough. P/S is looking more and more like CARS with passage-based questions, more difficulty narrowing down answers to 50/50 and definitions I've never seen before.
I can only hope that I get an exam that's similar to FL 2!

I might actually cry if I can replicate my FL 2 score on my actual exam!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.