aamc iv vs. actual mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harper14

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if you guys could tell me how aamc test 4 compared to your actual score.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I got a 34 on AAMC IV and a 33 on the real thing this April. I must say though that I felt AAMC IV was not really as difficult as most of the other practice tests I've taken nor as difficult as the real thing. My $0.02... :cool:

i took aamc 4 about 5 weeks before the mcat, but I got a 32 (10v 10p 10b).

I took aamc 6 the week before and got the same score on the real thing (10v 12p 12b)

-bonnie

Members don't see this ad :)
I got 9-11-10 on aamc IV and 10-11-12 on the real thing.

I think I did 2 points higher on AAMC IV than the real thing, and 3 points higher on V.

AAMC IV, 1 month before the MCAT: 10/12/12

AAMC V, 1 week before: 11/14/12 (scored by TPR, I know the official AAMC conversion doesn't give higher than 12)

August 2001 MCAT: 11/14/13

Even though the AAMC tests are a bit easier than the real MCAT, they're still pretty good predictors. The harder test will just be scaled accordingly.

I presume that the new AAMC VI would be the best practice test for those who are taking the MCAT in 2002.

VC15, what materials did you use to prepare for each section of the MCAT? Those are great scores

i got about 6 points better on the real thing than aamcIV ... i found aamcV to be the most accurate (in terms of score - not in terms of difficulty, the bio and verbal part were harder on the real thing). aamcVI was the most accurate in terms of difficulty i thought, but i did 5 points better on the real thing than that; i guess luck of the test and having a good day did it.
-jot

I took the Princeton Review course starting last June. I did all the verbal practice I could, but not all the science passages they give you (they're good, but I just didn't have enough time).

My real score was 4 points higher than test V and 3 points higher than test VI.