AAMC Practice Tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aamartin81

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone takena practice MCAT from AAMC yet. If so, how did you do? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect.

Adam

Members don't see this ad.

aamartin81 said:
Anyone takena practice MCAT from AAMC yet. If so, how did you do? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect.

Adam

Anyone? There's still some of us hanging around here who took the MCAT in the past. Who is your target audience? You wanting someone to identify with because you didn't do like you wanted?

I took a bunch of practice and 2 real ones that pretty much served as practice for the 3rd. I can probably answer some questions for ya.

i took several of the aamc practice tests and scored between 32 and 35, then got a 31 on the real thing. the real test had a lot more electrochem and genetics than my practice tests - just pick of the draw with all the different versions

MoosePilot said:
Anyone? There's still some of us hanging around here who took the MCAT in the past. Who is your target audience? You wanting someone to identify with because you didn't do like you wanted?

I took a bunch of practice and 2 real ones that pretty much served as practice for the 3rd. I can probably answer some questions for ya.

I don't have any questions regarding the exam itself, I am wondering how people have done who are in the beginning of their preparation for their first sitting this April.

My question for someone in your position would therefore revolve around how well you improved you score from you first practice MCAT (from the AAMC) to the one you took for your application. In all reality though, I'm not sure that your situation would be applicable if you are having to take the exam for a third time.

Adam

gdk said:
i took several of the aamc practice tests and scored between 32 and 35, then got a 31 on the real thing. the real test had a lot more electrochem and genetics than my practice tests - just pick of the draw with all the different versions

At what point in your preparation did you score from 32-35? Was it toward the end or more or less throughout?

Thanks for your help!

Adam