AAMC Scored FL v. Recent MCATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aet818

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the practice AAMC scored yesterday and was kind of surprised how relatively easy it was compared to the section banks and the Kaplan FLs. So my question really goes out to the people who have taken the MCAT very recently. How well does the AAMC scored resemble the latest MCATs?

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC felt much easier than my actual MCAT but I ended up doing about the same.

The non-CARS sections felt deceitfully easy but ended up matching the difficulty of the actual MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took the June 18 exam, and scored five points higher on the actual MCAT than on the scored, 517 compared to 512. Content felt pretty similar, and I would agree that the non-CARS sections felt easy, but ended up being similar to the actual test.

So I shouldn't expect a too drastic change in difficulty for the science sections? As for CARS, I felt like the only difficult passage to understand was the photography one.

So I shouldn't expect a too drastic change in difficulty for the science sections? As for CARS, I felt like the only difficult passage to understand was the photography one.

That and literally understanding paint dry

Several points higher on my real exam than scored as well, but no matter how hard your real test "feels" the Scored FL is the best predictor