1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AAMC Test V

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by bigbuddieMD, Apr 6, 2002.

1. bigbuddieMD

bigbuddieMD Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi

I just took AAMC test V. I was wondering how close it is to the real thing. In other words would those of you who took the April test say that it was pretty close to your score on test V. Thanks for your help. Post your scores if you can...I would like to see how much variation there is between them. Thanks much,

2. marq_bme

marq_bme Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

verbal was f'in hard i remember...especially that picasso passage. damn. yeah PS was about right. i think bio as well. thats a good inidicator of what the MCAT will be like on test day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think it was much easier than the real thing. I finished each section with a lot of time to spare, but on the real thing I didn't have any time to spare. I got a 29-30 on aamc V and a 27 on the real thing.

4. jmejia1

jmejia1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

For me, AAMC V was a very good guage for the real thing. I thought the Verbal was harder in the real thing though. I scored one point higher in each the PS and BS on the real thing compared to V but went down one point on the VR.

5. Kirk

Kirk Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by marq_bme:
    <strong>verbal was f'in hard i remember...especially that picasso passage. damn. yeah PS was about right. i think bio as well. thats a good inidicator of what the MCAT will be like on test day.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is so funny! I thought I was the only one that got tore up on the Picasso passage. I think I missed 4 of those questions!

6. marq_bme

marq_bme Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i personally think that is the best indicator of what the MCAT will be like...unless there is an AAMC 6 out yet.

AAMC V August MCAT

VR 8 9
    PS &gt;12 14
    BS 9-10(i forgot) 10

Total ?? 33Q

like the table?? (im an engineer)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. marq_bme

marq_bme Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

CRAP my table got screwed up..stupid java applet settings

8. missbonnie

missbonnie floating
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    aamc 3,4,5,6 are all pretty indicative of the real mcat. One may be "more diffcult" but than the scale reflects that. I've taken 2,3,4, and just took 5 this past weekend.

-b

9. VC15

VC15 MS4
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It's pretty close. Verbal's harder on the real MCAT, but the scaling will account for that. So no worries...

10. Epi

Epi Fuzzy Tiger
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That test was very similar to the mcats which i took in april 2001. If they haven't changed the 2002 tests all that much, i would say that would be the best practice test to take before you go take the real one.

I also think that the difficulties of the two tests were also very comparable.

11. Mish550

Mish550 Member
    7+ Year Member

I just took it too. PS seemed to be more chem then physics. bio seemed fair. the verbal was hard because of that picasso passage. How much do people usually go up between V and the real thing? has anyone taken VI yet?