1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

AAMC Tests

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by FutureDoc4, Feb 23, 2007.

1. FutureDoc4

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey Everyone,

I just got access to ALL of the AAMC tests, and I am going to start taking them now. I was wondering if there are certain tests I should start with first and which specific AAMC tests people found most helpful. Thanks.

In addition, I still have like 8 full length Kaplan tests left. Is there a suggestion of how to approach this? Should I just stick with AAMC tests or should I switch from off between AAMC and Kaplan? Let me know.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Im switching off and on. Im required to take the kaplan ones. ( I have started doing those timed during the week) and now for the weekends, I study/work on practice passages/do sections from AAMC

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. IckeyShuffle

IckeyShuffle MS1 t-minus 1.5 months..
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    shoudnt matter all that much. I wouldnt definately save the later AAMC'S to closer to the real deal as they represent the trends of the test. Early on, mixing AAMC and kaplan is good so you can get a feel for what aamc tests are like versus kaplan as they are different (though kaplan is as good as any other practice material you will get ).