AAMC verbal self assesment timing questions-SN2 incorporation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gandyy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a few questions. Could I use this for the sn2ed schedule as well? I am running out of EK101 passages and i'm on a 4 month schedule so I will most likely run out of TPRH passages as well. Could I use these by doing 2-3 passages a day and checking the answers?

Or will they not show the answers till you have completed all of it? If that is the case I guess one cannot do 2 passages a day and review their work?

Members don't see this ad.

@Gandy741

You can get the answers before but you lose the experience of taking it online.

You want to select the option to "start test offline" (that's a paraphrase - I forgot the exact words). Now, you have a PDF copy.

Then, "take the test" online but choose all random answers. At the end, you can see the all the answers.

Now, take the rest for real (using your PDF). You now have a blank copy of the test (PDF) and all the answers online.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Gandy741

You can get the answers before but you lose the experience of taking it online.

You want to select the option to "start test offline" (that's a paraphrase - I forgot the exact words). Now, you have a PDF copy.

Then, "take the test" online but choose all random answers. At the end, you can see the all the answers.

Now, take the rest for real (using your PDF). You now have a blank copy of the test (PDF) and all the answers online.

I"m sorry I dont think I quite understood what you are saying here. Could you please elaborate?

I"m sorry I dont think I quite understood what you are saying here. Could you please elaborate?

Print out the test in PDF form.
Enter in random answers online. At the end, you will score 25% and get access to all the answers.

Now you have ALL the answers beforehand.

Enter in random answers online. At the end, you will score 25% and get access to all the answers.

Thanks.

Interesting, i'm curious why people dont do this as it is. There are already 8 aamc full verbal tests in the tests themselves, but this might be a good idea to supplement along with the 3 month or 4 month plan as it is.

From what i've heard if there is any source that is best to train you in the reasoning of verbal answers and explanations its aamc

Thanks.

Interesting, i'm curious why people dont do this as it is. There are already 8 aamc full verbal tests in the tests themselves, but this might be a good idea to supplement along with the 3 month or 4 month plan as it is.

From what i've heard if there is any source that is best to train you in the reasoning of verbal answers and explanations its aamc

The unrealistic part of the SA is that they go in order of difficulty. Your first 40 questions is almost ALL EASY questions (not a single hard question).

The last 40 questions are like HALF HARD questions (basically no easy questions). So don't get overconfident when you're dominating in the beginning.

The unrealistic part of the SA is that they go in order of difficulty. Your first 40 questions is almost ALL EASY questions (not a single hard question).

The last 40 questions are like HALF HARD questions (basically no easy questions). So don't get overconfident when you're dominating in the beginning.

Good to know... yea i've seen overconfidence is not a good thing. I scored a 12 on verbal in a kaplan verbal test.. and thought I had boosted a great amount but then did
hyperlearning verbal again and still missed more during daily verbals than I should be missing

Easily doable. You have a full length every three days during the last month. You can easily compress that to every two days for a few of the full lengths and do the self-assessments before starting on your first full-length.

If I remember right, the answers are only shown after you finish the entire self assessment.

Hey there Sn2ed! I apologize for contacting you this way but your profile didn't seem to offer an option to send you a PM. I'd like to chat with you about your plans for setting up the "SN2ed Plan for MCAT 2015". Next Step would love to send you free review copies of our materials (tests/books/etc) so you can consider including them in any MCAT2015 version of your study plan. Alternatively, if you didn't feel like updating your plan for the new test, I'd be happy to put together a plan for you to review (and edit) to have stickied at the MCAT discussions forum.

Thanks!!

-Bryan