AAMC vs Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdgolfer84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been studying and taking the AAMC tests. Ive taken 3,4,7,9 so far. I've been doing fine on them, but then I go and do some practice problems with the Kaplan topical tests. I do very poorly on the Kaplan topicals. Is it just me, or does it seem like Kaplan is so much harder. Its bringing my confidence down :scared:

Does anyone else feel the same?

Members don't see this ad.

So I've been studying and taking the AAMC tests. Ive taken 3,4,7,9 so far. I've been doing fine on them, but then I go and do some practice problems with the Kaplan topical tests. I do very poorly on the Kaplan topicals. Is it just me, or does it seem like Kaplan is so much harder. Its bringing my confidence down :scared:

Kaplan is much harder - but on their practice exams they make up for it by scaling your score against a much more lenient curve..

But it seems like the last few actual administrations of the MCAT have been nothing like either...so just practice w/ as many sources as you can.

I would rely more on the AAMC tests.

I got 32, 33, on the AAMC
and then I got 34 on the real things. don't let Kaplan shake your confidence. and make sure you get enough rest or go to gym the night before

Does anyone know if the kaplan offered AAMC exams (5 of em) on the course syllabus are the same on e-mcat?

or if they are made the same way? i just wanna make sure theyre worth doing before i try one. I did 5 kaplan exams so far and im gonna do an aamc one this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the kaplan offered AAMC exams (5 of em) on the course syllabus are the same on e-mcat?

or if they are made the same way? i just wanna make sure theyre worth doing before i try one. I did 5 kaplan exams so far and im gonna do an aamc one this week.

I believe Kaplan offers all of the aamcs. Check on the MCAT Classroom Test page.

I would rely more on the AAMC tests.

I got 32, 33, on the AAMC
and then I got 34 on the real things. don't let Kaplan shake your confidence. and make sure you get enough rest or go to gym the night before

Did you take the CBT or paper version?

It appears the AAMCs equated better to the old paper version and the CBT MCAT may be changing its look somewhat to be more difficult to combat the shorter version and prep companies.

Just curious.

Did you take the CBT or paper version?

It appears the AAMCs equated better to the old paper version and the CBT MCAT may be changing its look somewhat to be more difficult to combat the shorter version and prep companies.

Just curious.

I was hoping that the AAMCs would adapt their CBTs to the actual CBT, and not randomly remove questions.

I think test 10 is the only one of the post paper era. I guess thats the best one for gauging the score i guess?

Any thoughts?