AAMC vs Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letaps

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

What is the difference between AAMC and Kaplan practice exams?

I was looking at the score conversion chart for AAMC, and the curve is very low. For example, for Physical Sciences a raw score of 28 in Kaplan is a 10, but a raw score of 28 in AAMC is a 7/8.

Also, is the real exam more like AAMC or Kaplan?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Also, is the real exam more like AAMC or Kaplan?
I haven't taken the MCAT yet but virtually everyone who posts on the forum says their MCAT was most like an AAMC exam. (So I am assuming this similarity in content/format means similarity in scoring also)

Also recent testtakers are saying the real MCAT PS is in between AAMC & Kaplan in terms of difficulty.

from what i've gathered, most people think that the kaplan are harder than the aamc.

Members don't see this ad :)
so would you say that the kaplan exams are harder or easier than AAMC?

I'd say Kaplan exams are harder conceptually/material-wise than AAMC but much easier to score better in (due to the "curve").

The real MCAT CBT format will be most similar to AAMC tests. However, I found the kaplan tests to be harder, and Kaplan claims this as well. The highest I made on any of my 7 kaplan tests was a 28, and I banged out a 30 (10,10,10) on test day! The highest I made on my 2 AAMC practice tests was a 27.