AAO membership for recently matched folks

Started by Sama83
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sama83

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
Quick question: I've browsed around the AAO website and have yet to find a link to register with the academy as a new member.
Does anyone know how to go about this?

thanks!
 
As far as I know, you can't register until you start residency. At least I never figured out a way to do it. Congrats on the match!
 
Sama83 -

Hello! I've just matched into ophthalmology, and a few days ago I received an email from the AAO providing a username and password granting access to the site's resources.

The email also states:
"Prior to your ophthalmology training we will be sending you a membership application. We require a completed application before you can become a member."

Hope that helps!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also received an email and was able to register/login accordingly. what are we supposed to get out of it this early in the process (pre-residency)?