AAP guidelines for dental referral?

Started by Demeter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Demeter

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone point me to the AAP guidelines for dental referrals? I looked at the AAP site and I thought the recommendation was after the eruption of the 1st teeth or at one year of age.
I recently read an article titled: Estimated Impact of Competing Policy Recommendations forAge of First Dental Visit
Pediatrics 2005; 115; 906-914. This article talks about a different policy in which Pediatricians screen toddlers and refer at-risk patients. Is this still the policy or has it changed to refer all toddlers at age 1. thanks.