Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i dont think i got the right score. i was getting 80s on my inservice. abem is a jokeView attachment 329067
Nice score. Strong work.
Your PD will be bragging about it during application season
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i dont think i got the right score. i was getting 80s on my inservice. abem is a jokeView attachment 329067
Why would you post this when two people before you just said they failed? ABEM is a joke in part because it does not select for self awareness when grading our boards.i dont think i got the right score. i was getting 80s on my inservice. abem is a jokeView attachment 329067
my bad didnt mean it like that. deletedWhy would you post this when two people before you just said they failed? ABEM is a joke in part because it does not select for self awareness when grading our boards.
So I'm one of the unlucky ones in the 12% that didn't pass. I got a score of 76 🙁 literally 1 point from passing. Kind of a huge blow and pretty down about it. Does anyone have any ideas on where to go from here? If they allow re-scoring, I might go ahead and do that, I know the policy says you can't re-score. Any repercussions on not passing it down the line? This is pretty depressing.
I also made a 76. They do not allow re-score per policy; if you find out something different I'd love to know. 12% seems very high. It's a huge bummer but you're not alone.
Thanks for your encouragement. I really appreciate it. What did you guys do to prepare for it? I did all of Rosh, but I felt like I rushed through it. There was a period of time where I was doing 100 questions a day. I had an entire month between being credentialed and starting in early fall so I was able to put in 5-6 hrs a day. A month before the test my studying kinda dropped off in intensity due to starting work. Other than Rosh, did anyone use anything else that was helpful? Now that I have until November to study for it, I can pace it out a lot better. Any tips on how I should structure my studying?Keep your heads up guys. I was maybe a couple percentage points up from the minimum score. If you're already hired, it won't be a big deal. Just try a bit harder next time and I'm sure you'll ace it!
Thanks for your encouragement. I really appreciate it. What did you guys do to prepare for it? I did all of Rosh, but I felt like I rushed through it. There was a period of time where I was doing 100 questions a day. I had an entire month between being credentialed and starting in early fall so I was able to put in 5-6 hrs a day. A month before the test my studying kinda dropped off in intensity due to starting work. Other than Rosh, did anyone use anything else that was helpful? Now that I have until November to study for it, I can pace it out a lot better. Any tips on how I should structure my studying?
Hang in there, I am so sorry for what you are going through, but I believe in your ability to pass next time! How representative was your Rosh predicted score? I also only did Rosh plus about 1/4 of the questions I got wrong. The Rosh projected score was 3 under my actual, and my R3 ITE was 2 under my actual. That said, I did not walk away feeling good about the exam, although I ended up passing comfortably. I felt like the format of the real deal was much different than Rosh which surprised me. I also had access to Hippo and Peer but did not use them. My friends said that Peer felt more representative of the actual ABEM test question style.Thanks for your encouragement. I really appreciate it. What did you guys do to prepare for it? I did all of Rosh, but I felt like I rushed through it. There was a period of time where I was doing 100 questions a day. I had an entire month between being credentialed and starting in early fall so I was able to put in 5-6 hrs a day. A month before the test my studying kinda dropped off in intensity due to starting work. Other than Rosh, did anyone use anything else that was helpful? Now that I have until November to study for it, I can pace it out a lot better. Any tips on how I should structure my studying?
Thanks! I had all of September to study, so I burned through all the rosh questions. My ITE score in my senior year of residency was actually 78. Between October and half of November, i only studied the rosh questions I missed. I might have thought I had mastered the questions I got right when in fact I didn’t. Perhaps it has something to do with that. :/Hang in there, I am so sorry for what you are going through, but I believe in your ability to pass next time! How representative was your Rosh predicted score? I also only did Rosh plus about 1/4 of the questions I got wrong. The Rosh projected score was 3 under my actual, and my R3 ITE was 2 under my actual. That said, I did not walk away feeling good about the exam, although I ended up passing comfortably. I felt like the format of the real deal was much different than Rosh which surprised me. I also had access to Hippo and Peer but did not use them. My friends said that Peer felt more representative of the actual ABEM test question style.
If I was in your situation I would take advantage of the time you have to solidify your knowledge base via hippo or other reading which will help with some of the trivia questions, re-do Rosh over summer/early fall, and I would also do PEER closer to the real thing. Being that you were soooo close, I would also consider the non-academic factors that could squeeze out a few more points too, like simulating the test length at home. I don't know about you, but my stamina wore out in the second half and I am sure I missed a couple as a result. Best of luck to you!
Same boat. 76. Pass rate is 85%, down from 92% for the 2019 test takers. This is ridiculous.
You are right. 90% down from 92%. Not much of a difference. I was looking at the concert exam data.
looks pretty similar to previous years
Same. 76 here. FML. Big blow to the gut.So I'm one of the unlucky ones in the 12% that didn't pass. I got a score of 76 🙁 literally 1 point from passing. Kind of a huge blow and pretty down about it. Does anyone have any ideas on where to go from here? If they allow re-scoring, I might go ahead and do that, I know the policy says you can't re-score. Any repercussions on not passing it down the line? This is pretty depressing.
Does anyone really understand how the scores work since it’s supposedly not a percentage
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.