This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prometheus123

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Would anyone be willing to read the 350-word abstract of an undergraduate thesis about Alzheimer's disease I'm working on? I'm posting about it in oncology because many of the mechanisms and themes are also integral to cancer biology (e.g. signal transduction networks, metabolism, proliferation).

I would very grateful for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Would anyone be willing to read the 350-word abstract of an undergraduate thesis about Alzheimer's disease I'm working on? I'm posting about it in oncology because many of the mechanisms and themes are also integral to cancer biology (e.g. signal transduction networks, metabolism, proliferation).

I would very grateful for the help.
I'm sure your thesis advisor would love to read it.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sure your thesis advisor would love to read it.
Thanks for addressing that. I have sent it to him. However, it's not related to his field, so I'd love to get any feedback from someone who might be a bit more likely to have some more relevant background knowledge.

There is substantial evidence that Alzheimer's disease is, in many ways, the inverse of many cancers, involving the downregulation of trophic signaling and the upregulation of tumor suppressors (Shafi 2016, Valencia et al. 2016, Nixon et al. 2017).

Another clarification: I'm not asking for fact-checking, editing, or anything like that. I just want to know, if you skim this abstract, does it sound like a coherent "narrative" that might be worth telling, provided there is sufficient evidence to back it up?