ABIM Board Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigtuna

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think is the best study material? At my program MKSAP seems to be the consensus but I'm looking for something cheaper and shorter.

Members don't see this ad.

used medstudy and passed without a problem. i had barely opened any books during residency (i'm not proud of it). i studied medstudy books for about 1.5 months and passed. i hated MKSAP...still have the books, i think i've looked at a total of 5 pages in there.

I second MEDSTUDY. Very similar setup to Gwen. Much easier to read from than MKSAP...

Members don't see this ad :)
FRONTRUNNERS BOARD REVIEW, help me to pass the board. Whether you are preparing to take the Internal Medicine boards for the first time or preparing for recertification, this is an excellent resource. It is well-organized, concise, and comprehensive. Definitely a must-have for anyone interested in internal medicine. Highly recommend! Thorough, beautifully-organized, and extremely well-written! Get this book....You won't be disappointed! A must have for all the internal medicine residents!!! Extraordinarilly structured questions and even better explanation focused on the highlight topics in internal medicine. If you are reading this, you are probably preparing for an ABIM internal medicine exam in addition to all your other duties. There is never enough time, is there? Well, I was preparing for the ABIM recertification exam, since I'd finished residency. I had slogged through the Medstudy review book & MKSAP over the course of five months, dutifully going over every page.... Tres painful. There were three weeks left before the exam, and I figured I'd give this book a try. I quickly discovered how ignorant I was, despite doing the Medstudy book review. My friend taught me a lot of critical care medicine way back when, and use Frontrunners Internal Medicine Syllabus and Internal Medicine Q&A Review, syllabus companion for the board review and Turbo Mnemonics. Excellent materials to prepare you to pass the CERTIFICATION EXAM and Recertification exam. The questions are well-written, and the answers give you really good feedback. The questions are highly relevant, reflecting what the ABIM wants you to know. I got my pass notice from the ABIM today. I would recommend this book to anyone preparing for the boards. Definitely a must-have for anyone interested in internal medicine. Highly recommend! Thorough, beautifully-organized, and extremely well-written! Get this book....You won't be disappointed! Whether you are preparing to take the Internal Medicine boards for the first time or preparing for recertification, this is an excellent resource. It is well-organized, concise, and comprehensive. The questions are challenging and pertinent with clear answers that emphasize the teaching point being made. The outline format highlights important points about each subject. In our program, we are also using this book as a resource for everyday teaching during morning report and other clinical conferences. Amazing Books! Overall, I am very satisfied with this book and highly recommend it!

Last edited:
Medstudy to read, MKSAP for questions.