about calc 1 in college and taking it at a comm college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryder

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
quick question. what exactly are the calculus requirements generally? is it 1 semester of calculus 1 or 1 year of calculus 1 and 2 (AB & BC)?

also, does anybody know if i could take the calculus class at a community college and transer the grade/credits to the university i am attending? would med schools (preferably uc's) accept this? i think if i did it during the summer for 6 weeks where competition is less stiff i could probably manage an a or b. please help.

p.s would this community college thing work if i wanted to take a science class like physics, an english class, etc. so i dont have to take it at my university? that way i can get more classes in.

Members don't see this ad.

All of the UCs, as far as I know, would accept this in terms of med school. (Not at all good to get your heart set on them for med school though!) I didn't check formally, but none of them have had a problem with my application so far and I definitely took both semesters at a community college. You'll find the vast majority of schools are quite open to community college work, even the pre-medical requisites. Now as for your undergraduate work, check with <a href="http://www.assist.org" target="_blank">www.assist.org</a> to see how the work will transfer from your CC to each of the UCs/CSUs.