about ECE evaluation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalcn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and find a lot of valuable info for test takers. I have a question. To register the test, applcants have to evaluate certificates. for ECE course-to-course evaluation, it needs original copy of foreign diploma required or just a photocopy? my original copy was lost and I only have photocopy, I have no idea what I should do about that... Does anybody know that and give me some advice? thank U very much!

Members don't see this ad.

hi, I just finished ECE-evaluation. I only sent photocopies of the original docs and the english translations to ece. Then you probably wait for a month and then you get the answer. Then you copy it and send it to ada.
good luck!

xin xie

dentalcn said:
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and find a lot of valuable info for test takers. I have a question. To register the test, applcants have to evaluate certificates. for ECE course-to-course evaluation, it needs original copy of foreign diploma required or just a photocopy? my original copy was lost and I only have photocopy, I have no idea what I should do about that... Does anybody know that and give me some advice? thank U very much!

Thanks for your reply! So you already got ECE evaluation report by sending photocopy of the documents? Is that general evaluation or course-to-course? one more question: are you sure that ADA would accept ECE report from applicants? I was told that ADA only accepts the ECE report directly from the agency. I am afraid you have to ask the ECE send the copy of the report to ADA by the time of your regestration. Please advice if I am wrong.

xinxie99 said:
hi, I just finished ECE-evaluation. I only sent photocopies of the original docs and the english translations to ece. Then you probably wait for a month and then you get the answer. Then you copy it and send it to ada.
good luck!

xin xie

Members don't see this ad :)
dentalcn said:
Thanks for your reply! So you already got ECE evaluation report by sending photocopy of the documents? Is that general evaluation or course-to-course? one more question: are you sure that ADA would accept ECE report from applicants? I was told that ADA only accepts the ECE report directly from the agency. I am afraid you have to ask the ECE send the copy of the report to ADA by the time of your regestration. Please advice if I am wrong.
ada accepts copy directly from ece so just put in the address of ada where they will send the second copy.........its better to get course by course evaluation rather than general as u would require it later while applying and ada accepts both so go for course by course ............
it will save your time and money.
good luck

thanks for your advice, Sangmitr. The thing is I won't register the exam probably untill next Feb., but I want to do my ECE evaluation in advance. Do you think I can also send a copy to ADA now even without registration? I know ECE has service to send extra report after evaluation, but it costs $30.
please advice, thanks!

Sangmitr said:
ada accepts copy directly from ece so just put in the address of ada where they will send the second copy.........its better to get course by course evaluation rather than general as u would require it later while applying and ada accepts both so go for course by course ............
it will save your time and money.
good luck

-Copies will do.
-Ask for course-by-course evaluation
-Have them send a copy to the Jt Commission. It is there in the form. They usually save reports for upto 2 years so go ahead and send it ahead of time.

Laminate the copy once you get it.

Start the process of getting a new original degree certificate. You will need it at time of interview/starting school.

BDS-DMD said:
-Copies will do.
-Ask for course-by-course evaluation
-Have them send a copy to the Jt Commission. It is there in the form. They usually save reports for upto 2 years so go ahead and send it ahead of time.

Laminate the copy once you get it.

Start the process of getting a new original degree certificate. You will need it at time of interview/starting school.

Was I the only idiot who sent all original documents?...Anyway they still have not sent my originals. They need another new certificate from back home. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot :oops: