About Electives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingkenny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm an IMG from India. I want to do my electives and this question is specifically directed to people who have done this before.

I've asked around and found out what are the easier places to get an elective done.

I;ve found out that Harvard(accepts 80% of applicants) and NY Dowstate are quite easy. Baylor is killer to get into.. Can someone please tell me other such places whihc are quite easy. And please tell me Mount Sinai is relatively easy cause I have already sent in my application.

Members don't see this ad.

Alot of it depends on the months you apply for and the specialty. I would say the "easier to get into" places are also sometimes places that charge you a hefty amount for a month of elective. Alot of them don't offer any housing which can be quite a pain both in terms of firstly, finding a place and then, paying for it. Many other places require step 1 scores. At the moment, you should focus on getting the elective in your preferred field and for the maximum amount of time possible.