About Examkrackers

LowlyPremed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2003
  1. Medical Student
I know that this question has probably been asked 1001 times but, has anyone actually taken the ek prep-course and do ya recommend it? I read a lot of favorable things about their books but I'm not sure which prep-course to take for the summer mcat.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

About the Ads

2bkiddoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
Philadelphia
i took kaplan and about half way through, i stopped going cause it was a waste of time. one of the hardest decisions i had to make since im nontraditional, independent from my parents and had been saving up the 1400 for a LONG time to pay for it. but in the end, the time spent for class studying on my own was much more worth it. i wasted so much time in the lectures, though, i ended up deciding to take the agusut mcat and delay my app for a year. so, save yourself the money, force yourself to be disciplined and go shopping...:laugh:

xadmin

15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
I am taking Kaplan and the materials that they offer in the practice was helpful. Beside that, it is NOT worth the $1400. Yes it might give you the confidence that you do everything you can for the MCAT, but it is not that helpful. Here is a cheaper way to do the confidence booster. Buy the MCAT prepatory book on Ebay and a few practice test. And buy the AAMC one. All this should cost you $300 or so. Then do the practice test and hopefully you will score in the 30s like all the people who take the prep course.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.