About Examkrackers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LowlyPremed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that this question has probably been asked 1001 times but, has anyone actually taken the ek prep-course and do ya recommend it? I read a lot of favorable things about their books but I'm not sure which prep-course to take for the summer mcat.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently taking TPR...to be honest with you, its not worth taking a prep course just for the sake of it.

You are the one who is gonna do all the work, not them. I would rather buy the books thats all.

Thanks for the honest reply. For some reason it seemed as though everyone took a prep course. Glad to know that its not necessary.

Members don't see this ad :)
i took kaplan and about half way through, i stopped going cause it was a waste of time. one of the hardest decisions i had to make since im nontraditional, independent from my parents and had been saving up the 1400 for a LONG time to pay for it. but in the end, the time spent for class studying on my own was much more worth it. i wasted so much time in the lectures, though, i ended up deciding to take the agusut mcat and delay my app for a year. so, save yourself the money, force yourself to be disciplined and go shopping...:laugh:

I am taking Kaplan and the materials that they offer in the practice was helpful. Beside that, it is NOT worth the $1400. Yes it might give you the confidence that you do everything you can for the MCAT, but it is not that helpful. Here is a cheaper way to do the confidence booster. Buy the MCAT prepatory book on Ebay and a few practice test. And buy the AAMC one. All this should cost you $300 or so. Then do the practice test and hopefully you will score in the 30s like all the people who take the prep course.

This is really good advice. Sometime when people talk about these prep courses, its seems as though just by signing the check, you'll jump above the 30 threshold. Good to know.

I have the audio osmosis tapes and the whole examkracker set and so far..I am doing well. I think the courses are for those people who need structure and discipline.... I don't have time for structure and discipline!:D