about SUNY STONY BROOK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

butterjam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is GC OR CITIZENSHIP ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED FOR APPLYING FOR ADVANCED STANDING TO THIS COLLEGE

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does any body have any idea what is the required NBDE score for SUNY at STONYBROOK

From what I gather, from Stonybrook, is that this school plays only by the rules there are no exceptions . For one thing SUNY Stonybrook is a state university so there will be no exception when it comes to the requisites they need for people coming from other countries. It is also better to have residency in New York if you are going to get one here in the USA . Stonybrook is a great small school. They are well repected for what they are doing to their whole school as a whole in the US , with their programs for medicine,nursing and Dentistry. I also heard that they will not be excepting any A.S. students for 06 ;as the rumor has it, they will be expanding their program from one position to 10 or so positions for 07 . THIS IS HOWEVER JUST A RUMOR I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Because I am an American and a New Yorker my whole life, also, I studied outside America this school is first on my list for whatever they have available. If anyone knows anything about what is going on let me know! Happy New Year to all and God Bless- Bill

Hello everyone.
I personally applied to this school last year, and from a personal standpoint, I think they handled my application very unprofessionally. From start to finish. Which leaves me with a very negative impression. Obviously, I did not get an interview. Hard feelings aside, I really was shocked on how they deal with foreign applicants.
Fist of all, I applied in Sept. of 04 and did not get ANY response from the untill august of 05 ! Holy flying cows ! What's that all about ? Secondly, I requested a change of adderss directly from the admission person over there (Olivia Schmidt) due to my relocation. I guess that was too much work for her to do. She still sent out the notice letter to my old address, and ironically enough, the postal service re-routed it to my new address.
Good school, probably good program, poor administartion. Go figure ...
But again, that's just me.