About Transferring into the 6 year PharmD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icarus2005

PharmD Dreamer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question guys:

If you have a bachelor's degree already, then you have to apply as a "transfer" student. But what if you have none of the required sciences courses for the first two years (the pre-pharmacy stage) and you want to apply as a P-1 first year student through a transfer application? Everyone says that it is super hard to transfer into the PharmD, but is it better if you are applying as a P-1 transfer??? Thanks. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

From the sound of your post it seems that you might be a little confused, in order to transfer in as a P1 you must have completed the pre-reqs of the school you are planning on attending. I am guessing from your post that you have already completed a degree but have yet to take any of the required courses for pharmacy school. Since you have already completed a degree you are required to apply as a transfer student.

Whoa, you are both confusing me...

The only way to be a transfer student as a P1, as far as I know, is to have been accepted into a school of pharmacy as a P1, and then transfer to another school of pharmacy at some point after that... as a P1, P2, or whatever.

Your degree makes no difference as far as applying to pharmacy school.. Degree or no degree, you have to have the pre-reqs for the school you are applying to completed.

I had a degree, and I applied to pharmacy school as a regular student, "transger student" has nothing to do with it.

icarus2005 said:
Quick question guys:

If you have a bachelor's degree already, then you have to apply as a "transfer" student. But what if you have none of the required sciences courses for the first two years (the pre-pharmacy stage) and you want to apply as a P-1 first year student through a transfer application? Everyone says that it is super hard to transfer into the PharmD, but is it better if you are applying as a P-1 transfer??? Thanks. :laugh:

I think what Icarus is saying is that he/she wanted to get certain 6 year programs that accept students right out of high school like U of Miss. And if you wanted to get into one of those programs as a "transfer student".. I guess its plausible that you can get in it as a p1. (At Ole miss if they accept you in after 2 years of pre-reqs you're technically a p3 intheir eyes). Usually they hold those spots for first-time freshman I think, best bet is call that particular school.