ABR registration requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimplera

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering with the change in how the ABR handles their "registration" fees if any programs are now offering to pick up the cost of the initial years of registration? If so, how does this effect your book/travel allowance?

thanks for the info.

Members don't see this ad.

I got the ABR email from ARRO but I am still confused. Do we have to fork out $560 every year? If we do does this mean we don't have to pay anything additional for taking the board exams? I assume this fee just spreads out the exam fees over four years.

Yup. each year we have to pay to remain a resident in good standing. Unfortunately, adding nearly $600 bucks to the credit card over 4 years adds up quickly if you have a family, daycare, house, car payments etc... and ends are just barely meeting. It was much more palatable when the big fee was only a year or two from the big payday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering with the change in how the ABR handles their "registration" fees if any programs are now offering to pick up the cost of the initial years of registration? If so, how does this effect your book/travel allowance?

thanks for the info.

the registration fee is basically the fee to take the board exam...there arent many programs that pay for the resident to take the boards...that is usually a known out-of-pocket cost.

It also wasn't asked for the moment you walked in the door in the past. You were significantly closer to a decent paycheck when it was due prior to taking the boards.