BabyPsychDoc

10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2007
The City of Dreaming Spires
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
So, i am doing qs from one of the popular Qbanks;)

And I have a question about abruptio placentae: 28 week gestation, arrived with pain, pv bleed, 2 cm dilated, stabilised, pv bleeding stopped but the hematoma is increasing. Your management?

I answered: emergency C-section.

They said: labour augmentation and urgent vaginal delivery.

WTF? +pissed+ I am currently in O&G job, and I would have my *** kicked if I did not prep a patient in this scenario for a C-section.

What are your thoughts, US-based guys? I am interested what you would do in the real life, or what you are taught to do in situations like this.

Thank you!

Rogue_Leader

Silent Sentinel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Looking it up in First Aid, for abruption it says that for moderate to severe abruption, you go for immediate delivery and can do vaginal delivery with amniotomy if mother and fetus are stable, or C section if either are in distress. I guess because the question said that they were stabilized, that's why they said to go for vaginal delivery. I'd have gotten that question wrong too.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.