AC not working @ Testing Center... What should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental 4ever

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My test is tomorrow. The testing center just called and said the AC is not working and that I could re-schedule. They said it would be around 88 F in there. I am not sure what to do! I am busy next week and I was very set to take it tomorrow. Of course I would like extra time, but I am not sure how that would sound to schools, since I emailed them all that I would take my test tomorrow. Also, do I have to pay the $100 re-scheduling fee? And since the rescheduling center is closed over the weekend, do I just not show up tomorrow and call them on Monday? If you were in my shoes, what would you do!!???

Members don't see this ad.

If your mindset was on taking it tomorrow I would go and get it done especially if you are busy next week. You may be too focused on the test to even notice. However, 88 is pretty hot. If you like to be comfortable during the test I would reschedule. If you sweat easily, I would reschedule.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

My test is tomorrow. The testing center just called and said the AC is not working and that I could re-schedule. They said it would be around 88 F in there. I am not sure what to do! I am busy next week and I was very set to take it tomorrow. Of course I would like extra time, but I am not sure how that would sound to schools, since I emailed them all that I would take my test tomorrow. Also, do I have to pay the $100 re-scheduling fee? And since the rescheduling center is closed over the weekend, do I just not show up tomorrow and call them on Monday? If you were in my shoes, what would you do!!???

You will NOT have to pay a rescheduling fee, You can't be expected to take such an important test in adverse conditions. Sitting 5 hours in extreme heat sounds unbearable.

I would call them back and get some clarity on when you can reschedule or can you take it at another testing center.

In my opinion taking it tomorrow is ill advised unless you can tolerate that type of heat.

Just my 2 cents..

Nancy

If your mindset was on taking it tomorrow I would go and get it done especially if you are busy next week. You may be too focused on the test to even notice. However, 88 is pretty hot. If you like to be comfortable during the test I would reschedule. If you sweat easily, I would reschedule.

You will NOT have to pay a rescheduling fee, You can't be expected to take such an important test in adverse conditions. Sitting 5 hours in extreme heat sounds unbearable.

I would call them back and get some clarity on when you can reschedule or can you take it at another testing center.

In my opinion taking it tomorrow is ill advised unless you can tolerate that type of heat.

Just my 2 cents..

Nancy

I think I will not take it tomorrow then. I don't want to sacrifice my chances. I called the center again and they said they can't reschedule for me and that I have to call the prometric rescheduling number on Monday to get it rescheduled. I am just worried I won't find available spots for next week. When I asked them, they said they don't know what is the availability. Ugh, sometimes I just don't like the weekends!!

I think I will not take it tomorrow then. I don't want to sacrifice my chances. I called the center again and they said they can't reschedule for me and that I have to call the prometric rescheduling number on Monday to get it rescheduled. I am just worried I won't find available spots for next week. When I asked them, they said they don't know what is the availability. Ugh, sometimes I just don't like the weekends!!

I'm sorry for your situation. Can you check online through pronetric for availability though?