Academic Dishonesty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruhmoment

Reaction score
So I'm currently a freshman and got caught giving answers during my chemistry exam because the kids decided to write WORD FOR WORD my answer. We all got a 0 on the exam, dropping my grade down from an A to a B- and this does go on my record. I was wondering how badly this affects my chances of getting accepted.
I was also wondering if i transferred colleges, would the med school I'm applying to require me to submit records from all the unis i ever attended??

Members don't see this ad.

Search for the very recent IA Cheating thread for all your answers.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, you must provide transcripts from every post-secondary school you've ever attended so you can't run away from this.

If the institution has sanctioned you, this must be reported on your AMCAS application.

If you knowingly shared answers on a test, you need to do some serious thinking about your life choices and what it means to help people and why some "helping" is not a good idea.

The only good thing about this is that you are a freshman and you have many years ahead of you to straighten out and redeem yourself. You may not get admitted to medical school as a college senior -- it may take more time to distance yourself from this academic dishonesty.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm currently a freshman and got caught giving answers during my chemistry exam because the kids decided to write WORD FOR WORD my answer.
"So I'm currently a freshman and cheated during my chemistry exam."

FTFY

Others may think your phrasing seems innocent enough, but the quoted sentence alone shows that you are not mature enough for medical school. Fortunately you have time to mature, but right now your username couldn't be more perfect.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users