Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I have a very tricky situation that I could use some advice on. I realize in advance that my options are severely limited, but am seeking advice from members on this board who might be able to offer a unique perspective.
I have recently been dismissed from my PharmD program at a highly regarded College of Pharmacy for academic reasons. In short, I could not handle the workload during my P4 clinical rotations and failed two rotations. I have severe anxiety, and this condition was known to the College and some accomodations were granted. Unfortunately, despite this assistance, it was deemed that I was not effecient nor proficient enough to meet the requirements for a P4 student. I can assure you that I was always personable and professional at my rotation sites and my dismissal from the College was solely due to academic reasons.
I am not ready to give up on my dream to become a pharmacist, although admittedly the cards are stacked against me. Is anyone on this board familiar with students gaining admission into another PharmD program despite being dismissed from a prior one? Thank you for any constructive advice you can provide.
I have a very tricky situation that I could use some advice on. I realize in advance that my options are severely limited, but am seeking advice from members on this board who might be able to offer a unique perspective.
I have recently been dismissed from my PharmD program at a highly regarded College of Pharmacy for academic reasons. In short, I could not handle the workload during my P4 clinical rotations and failed two rotations. I have severe anxiety, and this condition was known to the College and some accomodations were granted. Unfortunately, despite this assistance, it was deemed that I was not effecient nor proficient enough to meet the requirements for a P4 student. I can assure you that I was always personable and professional at my rotation sites and my dismissal from the College was solely due to academic reasons.
I am not ready to give up on my dream to become a pharmacist, although admittedly the cards are stacked against me. Is anyone on this board familiar with students gaining admission into another PharmD program despite being dismissed from a prior one? Thank you for any constructive advice you can provide.
I think some clinical pharmacists do have a stuck-up attitude. I am a clinical pharmacist and I sometimes get sick of them! But if you come to my rotation with the attitude of "you're a whiner who just wants to be an MD and I don't care about learning from you," don't be shocked if I take points off your grade... or complain about your bad attitude to someone I know who might be in a position to hire you. You don't need to like my area of practice or even want to be a clinical pharmacist, but you do need put some effort into the assignments I give you.