Academic dismissal explanation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fuzzball500

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i was academically dismissed from my undergrad for a semester and had to go to community college and bring my gpa back up to get re-admitted into the previous undergrad. since then, ive had >3.5 gpa semesters and am applying DO. Whats the best way i can explain myself?

I basically was doing a major that I did not like my freshman year and was not taking college seriously because I did not know exactly what I wanted to do in my future. I was also working a full time job and I took college lightly. In the last few years I realized that I wanted to do medicine and have reinvented myself through academics and community enrichment while also keeping a part time job. Is there a better way to explain all of this? im not really a good writer
 
so i was academically dismissed from my undergrad for a semester and had to go to community college and bring my gpa back up to get re-admitted into the previous undergrad. since then, ive had >3.5 gpa semesters and am applying DO. Whats the best way i can explain myself?

I basically was doing a major that I did not like my freshman year and was not taking college seriously because I did not know exactly what I wanted to do in my future. I was also working a full time job and I took college lightly. In the last few years I realized that I wanted to do medicine and have reinvented myself through academics and community enrichment while also keeping a part time job. Is there a better way to explain all of this? im not really a good writer

Your explanation as it is is a good one that makes sense and rings true.
 
so i was academically dismissed from my undergrad for a semester and had to go to community college and bring my gpa back up to get re-admitted into the previous undergrad. since then, ive had >3.5 gpa semesters and am applying DO. Whats the best way i can explain myself?

I basically was doing a major that I did not like my freshman year and was not taking college seriously because I did not know exactly what I wanted to do in my future. I was also working a full time job and I took college lightly. In the last few years I realized that I wanted to do medicine and have reinvented myself through academics and community enrichment while also keeping a part time job. Is there a better way to explain all of this? im not really a good writer
Nope. What you explained here is fine. It's a very common scenario.