Academic Enrichment Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zdoq

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was looking through the ADEA AADSAS application instructions in preparation for it opening up next week, and I ran across the Academic Enrichment category under Experiences. I don't think I have any Academic Enrichment experiences in the way that they mention:
"Academic Enrichment
Programs sponsored by colleges, universities, or other not-for-profit organizations; for example Summer Medical and Dental Education Program and Summer Health Professions Education Program."

Would this be a red flag at all? I haven't been to any summer dental enrichment programs because I wasn't aware of them while I was in undergrad. I tried doing a search in SDN and on Google for other things that would fit this experience category and I found this:
"Academic Enrichment means a lot of things and it is kind of at your discretion as what to put here. Some things that include might be: x-ray course, CPR certification, EMT certification, pre-dental simulation courses, OSHA/HIPPA certification, studying abroad, could go here. I have even known non--trad applicants who put real estate or financial certifications here."

Would a CPR course really fit the bill even though it isn't very academically enriching? Or even studying abroad for a subject that isn't related to dentistry? (I studied abroad in France and took French classes, as I am a French major).

I would appreciate any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
I was looking through the ADEA AADSAS application instructions in preparation for it opening up next week, and I ran across the Academic Enrichment category under Experiences. I don't think I have any Academic Enrichment experiences in the way that they mention:

Would this be a red flag at all? I haven't been to any summer dental enrichment programs because I wasn't aware of them while I was in undergrad. I tried doing a search in SDN and on Google for other things that would fit this experience category and I found this:

Would a CPR course really fit the bill even though it isn't very academically enriching? Or even studying abroad for a subject that isn't related to dentistry? (I studied abroad in France and took French classes, as I am a French major).

I would appreciate any input!
Sheesh, with your stats.....tu as besoin de toute l'aide que tu peux obtenir :laugh:

Those programs also include things like summer research programs (NSF/NIH funded month-long internships). A CPR course wouldn't go there. Your studying abroad would count.

Bonne chance!

Reactions: 1 user
You'll be okay, I only had a one day thing for academic enrichment

Reactions: 1 user