deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you haven't gotten any responses I figured it would be nice to show that your post has at least been seen.

As for the question, I don't have a lot of input. $100K for a BSN seems crazy to me.

Hopefully some other member (more learned and experienced) comes along and offers insight.

Wow, that’s a lot! My ABSN was 40K if you didn’t have scholarships. Personally, I found being a nurse and being pre med to be helpful, but it also may shoot you sideways on a few theories because you know the theory vs what actually happens in real life. I’ve made a good income while preparing and continues to get good experience. I’m staying on call when i start Medical school in 4 weeks - and the experience was something that my interviewers remarked on as an impressive addition. Considering my poor MCAT score, it’s probably a big reason why I got in.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Since you haven't gotten any responses I figured it would be nice to show that your post has at least been seen.

As for the question, I don't have a lot of input. $100K for a BSN seems crazy to me.

Hopefully some other member (more learned and experienced) comes along and offers insight.

Thank you, I appreciate it. That is my biggest concern right now is the cost of the program plus my existing UG debt.

Wow, that’s a lot! My ABSN was 40K if you didn’t have scholarships. Personally, I found being a nurse and being pre med to be helpful, but it also may shoot you sideways on a few theories because you know the theory vs what actually happens in real life. I’ve made a good income while preparing and continues to get good experience. I’m staying on call when i start Medical school in 4 weeks - and the experience was something that my interviewers remarked on as an impressive addition. Considering my poor MCAT score, it’s probably a big reason why I got in.
I'm glad to hear that it helped you during your admissions process, and congrats on your upcoming start to medical school! I am really troubled at the cost of this degree but do understand the utility of being able to make decent money during the application process. Tough spot.

Honestly at that price you wouldn’t recoup the costs very quickly. If it will save you a substantial amount, maybe pull out, get your CNA training, and start working with that on call or part time while you do pre-med courses. Gets you experience, recoups costs fairly quickly compared to the cost of the program, and will give you a healthy respect for everyone who will be working with you once you’re a physician

If it wasn’t 100k I would say stick with the BSN, but holy cow that is criminal.

How are your grades from core science classes like orgo/gen chem/bio chem? That is an obscene amount for a BSN. A lot of RNs want to be physicians, but they don't have the ability to put in the amount of study time to do well on core classes. Also, the BSN will help you 0 percent for doing well on the MCAT. Just take a little time to decide what you really want to pursue, as going back and forth will get expensive. Best of luck!

How are your grades from core science classes like orgo/gen chem/bio chem? That is an obscene amount for a BSN. A lot of RNs want to be physicians, but they don't have the ability to put in the amount of study time to do well on core classes. Also, the BSN will help you 0 percent for doing well on the MCAT. Just take a little time to decide what you really want to pursue, as going back and forth will get expensive. Best of luck!

My grades from the intro science courses are mediocre but I've taken upper level bio and neuro based courses and aced them. I am planning to retake my intro bio and chem courses of course. Thank you, I am trying to figure this out asap!

Cool! Orgo/Gen Chem/Physics/Cell Bio/Genetics will help you out the most. Neuro courses are fascinating but will not improve your MCAT score.

Cool! Orgo/Gen Chem/Physics/Cell Bio/Genetics will help you out the most. Neuro courses are fascinating but will not improve your MCAT score.
Oh yes I understand that 100%. I think that I can handle those courses after having improved my study skills and maturity as a student in general. I would rather be taking those classes than my nursing classes right now.

Nursing is nothing like they sell it.... "Oh you have an idea of how we can improve patient and staff safety? That's great, but Sam just took a dump in the hallway again, can you clean that up??? Nursin' for 5 years now. lol.