Accelerated classes ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Student247

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Its been a while since the last time I posted so I will greet everyone as if its my first time. I live in Southern California and will be transfering to UCI undergraduate program in Philosophy, fall quarter 2002. I recently came across what seem to be a terrific opportunity. Two good friends of my, both doctors; one in chiropratics and the other in osteopathic medicine recommended New College Science Institute for my pre-med requirments. Apparently, they offer accelarated course in G chem, O chem etc. In fact, the course are so accelarated that both semester of G chem are done in 8 weekends. The strange things is, however, that both doctors I spoke with claim that the work load is manageable and the courses prepared them for the MCAT. My question is this: does anyone know about this program? Or can anyone tell from experience (first hand or second) whether a program like this helps or is a waste of time and money. Oh, did I mention that each course (such a G chem A and B) is 1260.00.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm instantly skeptical of the program. i took some accelerated classes at the university and they were great...and affordable-- my political science class was two weeks, every day for about 5 hours and quite a bit of reading/work. If an intro to government req's that much time i image o. chem needs a bit more than 8 weekends!!!