1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Accelerated classes ?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Student247, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Student247

Student247 Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everyone. Its been a while since the last time I posted so I will greet everyone as if its my first time. I live in Southern California and will be transfering to UCI undergraduate program in Philosophy, fall quarter 2002. I recently came across what seem to be a terrific opportunity. Two good friends of my, both doctors; one in chiropratics and the other in osteopathic medicine recommended New College Science Institute for my pre-med requirments. Apparently, they offer accelarated course in G chem, O chem etc. In fact, the course are so accelarated that both semester of G chem are done in 8 weekends. The strange things is, however, that both doctors I spoke with claim that the work load is manageable and the courses prepared them for the MCAT. My question is this: does anyone know about this program? Or can anyone tell from experience (first hand or second) whether a program like this helps or is a waste of time and money. Oh, did I mention that each course (such a G chem A and B) is 1260.00.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jhug

jhug 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

i'm instantly skeptical of the program. i took some accelerated classes at the university and they were great...and affordable-- my political science class was two weeks, every day for about 5 hours and quite a bit of reading/work. If an intro to government req's that much time i image o. chem needs a bit more than 8 weekends!!!